IGNORED

Brake Light Displaying

My problem is the brake light warning is displayed on my digital readout from time to time. The brakes are o.k. and I don't think they are the problem. Plenty of fluid in the reservoir. It will sometimes come on when I hit a rough spot in the road or when my speedo starts roaring like the old 1st gens do from time to time. Then sometimes it will not display for serveral miles. Has anyone had this problem? I'm leaning toward a poor electrical connection. Any ideas?

Ronnie

My problem is the brake light warning is displayed on my digital readout from time to time. I'm leaning toward a poor electrical connection. Any ideas?

Ronnie

If the levels are ok in both reserviours, start checking sensor electrical connections.

Sometimes its electrical connections in the light hi-low beam switch.....Try giving the switch a shot of electrical cleaner then work the switch back and forth (hi-beam,low-beam) several times..That worked for me

I have a problem with the low beam not burning brightly and I bought another switch on Ebay. Tried cleaning the old one with contact cleaner but it didn't help. I'll try installing it this weekend and see if all my problems go away. Thanks, Ronnie