IGNORED

Radio static

jkt69

no. this morning it was coming out the speakers. sitting still they sounded good. when i started moving the static would get louder. very strange. almost as if the bike moving had something to do with the static. but then it would start to clear up as i was braking.

Get into the fairing and pull all the audio connectors apart and put them back together. Then take it around the block or something to check it before putting the fairing back together. If its cleared up then put some di-electric grease on them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12569&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1191184352

Thats been done on his bike it maybe the antenna is loose somewhere.

I had the same trouble with my radio. I have 07 RSV. I have had it since May 08. The dealer (CentralTexas PowerSports, Georgetown, TX) has replaced the radio under warranty within about 3 weeks of purchase. I was still having some problems with moisture in the early mornings, but it cleared up later in the day. I asked them to look at it again three weeks ago. They blew out the connectors with air and applied di-electric grease.

All was good til one day I was riding and found a good pot-hole in Waco, TX. I couldn't avoid it, pretty good jar and then the radio started acting up again. exactly the same issue you are having. Sitting still all is fine, start moving and it crackels and pops, static. I removed the fairing and checked the connections. There is a plastic zip-tie around the three conectors. I made sure that the connections were good and tight, and then I loosened the zip-tie and moved it to where it is supporting the three connectors snuggly. Another post has the image, it should be snug, but not too tight. This cured my issue.