IGNORED

OK, Need your expert help again....

Guest redrs

Guest redrs

Hi all!

Got my RSTD back from it's check-up (clutch basket not in yet so it will have to go back later) and it's CB install.

Question/Problem is this:

Sounds like I have an nest of angry bees in my helmet that increase with RPM'S and speed. This is one of the J&M new ones that does the NOAA weather and all. It works great other than that annoying,very loud buzz.

This was a dealer install so what do I tell the guys when I go back for my clutch basket change? Do I need a filter somewhere or what? :confused24:

Thanks in advance again for all your help!

Ride safe,

Becky

didn't i read, just recently, something about "moving the wire away from the gas tank wire plug holder?"

is this the problem that you have? engine /spark plug noise?

maybe i dreamed this all up?:confused24::confused24:

just jt

Guest offdutyagain

Check and see if your any audio cable (headset or other device) is running parallel with a power cable. If so either move them at least 6 inches apart or run one at a right angle to the other and re-route your wires. This is a common problem with unbalanced audio sources. Good luck.

I've worked on a lot of these type problems. Everything I read on this post is a possible solution. The thing is, without some troubleshooting gear it is hard to say for sure. If you paid the dealer to install it then try to get them to fix it as part of their original install price. If they won't help you then here are some different ways to try to nail it down.

Take a handheld am radio, like an old transistor radio, (I know, I'm dating myself again) turn it on, but not tuned to a station, and closely point the antenna at different possible sources of noise like the spark plugs, coils, ignition module, and alternator. If you get a noticeable increase of noise from any source then try to isolate that source. If it is plugs, try resistor plugs, or move power wires from the proximity. If is is coils, try a capacitor in parallel with the power wire, or a choke (coil of wire with a ferrite center) in series with the power wire (or both). If none of the above work then try a big ground strap to the radio, and the ground side of the antenna. Best of luck.

Guest redrs

Thanks alot everyone! I'll see what the dude says when I take it back to have the clutch basket installed.

Thanks again!!:)