IGNORED

NEEEED a lift frame adapter !

StarFan

Greetings guys.

Now here is a problem that I can not solve but therefore hope you can give me some advice. I have a Royal Star Tour Classic II 1998 and am just itching to grease my final drive, as well as doing some mods in the back with the rim off. I have the motorcycle lift so I am good to go except I don´t have a lift frame adapter. I know that Carbon One makes these adapters for the Venture and the newer Tour Deluxe models but not for the older Stars. Is there anybody out there that knows where I can get one made for my bike? How do you guys with these older models do this? Wooden blocks is the last choice but I would rather not go that path. Like to have the things I need for my bike and want to play things safe so to speak.

Sincerely hope that you guys can give me some advice on this so I wont have to wheel my queen to the repair shop for a simple task of final drive greasing.

Greetings guys.

Now here is a problem that I can not solve but therefore hope you can give me some advice. I have a Royal Star Tour Classic II 1998 and am just itching to grease my final drive, as well as doing some mods in the back with the rim off. I have the motorcycle lift so I am good to go except I don´t have a lift frame adapter. I know that Carbon One makes these adapters for the Venture and the newer Tour Deluxe models but not for the older Stars. Is there anybody out there that knows where I can get one made for my bike? How do you guys with these older models do this? Wooden blocks is the last choice but I would rather not go that path. Like to have the things I need for my bike and want to play things safe so to speak.

Sincerely hope that you guys can give me some advice on this so I wont have to wheel my queen to the repair shop for a simple task of final drive greasing.

Ah but Flugur I do make a lift adapter for the older Royals. I make them with or without the leg attachments, same as the Ventures and RSTD's but modified to clear the horizontial shock of the older Royals. Costs are the same as either model of the newer bike lifts too.

Still interested drop me a e-mail at lskeels@wowway.com for more details.

Larry

Ah but Flugur I do make a lift adapter for the older Royals. I make them with or without the leg attachments, same as the Ventures and RSTD's but modified to clear the horizontial shock of the older Royals. Costs are the same as either model of the newer bike lifts too.

Still interested drop me a e-mail at lskeels@wowway.com for more details.

Larry

I do believe that his problem might be shipping. He's located in Iceland me thinks.:scratchchin:

I do believe that his problem might be shipping. He's located in Iceland me thinks.:scratchchin:

Yea I seen that but I'm sure we could work out something for him. He wouldn't be the 1st member that I provided a detailed drawing of my lifts for a small fee due to them being overseas. This is of course that he'd be using the plans strictly for his own use.

Larry

Hmmmm I wonder if I could get something sorted out with my buddy in Trenton Ontario. We have planes flying to Thule, Iceland and from there to Alert NWT on a weekly basis.

I will have to see what could be done if anything. Don't hold your breath on this though, it is just a check. This plane is a cargo plane and is normally pretty well loaded but I would just like to find out if they could do this.

Hmmmm I wonder if I could get something sorted out with my buddy in Trenton Ontario. We have planes flying to Thule, Iceland and from there to Alert NWT on a weekly basis.

I will have to see what could be done if anything. Don't hold your breath on this though, it is just a check. This plane is a cargo plane and is normally pretty well loaded but I would just like to find out if they could do this.

That would be great if you could set up something thru your buddy. If it helps to know the package size you'll be looking at a box 5" thick, 13" wide and 26" long max with a weight of 12 or 20lbs depending on which model Flugur choses.

Larry

Thanks guys for your responses. And sorry Carbon One for the misunderstanding regarding you not making the adapter for the older Royal Star. Mixed up your frame adapter with a centerstand. Had previously asked a guy on eBay that makes centerstands for the Venture if he could make one for the older Royal and his answer was no. Again - sorry for that.

Regarding shipping to Thule then I am very grateful Maritimer for your thought but note - Thule is in Greenland - not Iceland so please don´t spend your time checking this out any further. I am sure me and Carbon One will figure something out.

Carbon One - I will PM you later today when I am home from work.

Again - Many thanks for your help guys.:thumbsup2:

Ooops! :depressed: I guess I fooked up with my land. I was wondering just how long you would have to ride you bike there. Greenland may have 1 or 2 months without snow. I feel really aweful now Flugur but tx for straightening me out before I went too far for the arangements. I'll be crawling under a rock now......:(

I will send another email to my friend and cancel this. He hasn't replied yet (Thank Goodness).

[quote=Maritimer;Ooops! :depressed: I feel really aweful now Flugur but tx for straightening me out before I went too far for the arangements. I'll be crawling under a rock now......:( quote]

Not to worry Maritimer.

I am not sensitive in this area and people often get mixed up with Iceland and Greenland.

So just relax my friend.

But tell me,,,,,,, How is the weather this time of year in Santiago, Canada ? :Laugh: