While watching a segment of American Thunder that covered the Harley History Museum, they covered a bike that had never been released to the public called the Nova. It had a V4 water cooled motor. Very interesting......... Did a little search on Google and came up with THIS

interesting read....keep in mind the Venture evolved from the Vision which was a V Twin.

If Harley was shopping for a factory for the Nova in 1984, the Yamaha Vision 550 and Venture had already been on the market 2 yrs. Isn't the Venture engine said to have been designed by Porsche as well?

Edited by Neil86
added Yamaha 550 to Vision model..

interesting read....keep in mind the Venture evolved from the Vision which was a V Twin.

If Harley was shopping for a factory for the Nova in 1984, the Vision and Venture had already been on the market 2 yrs. Isn't the Venture engine said to have been designed by Porsche as well?

I have never heard this. Remember, Yamaha has a pretty good engine design team, they designed and built the great engine that was in the SHO Tarsus. The first year the SHO came out, I believe it was one of the quickest cars out. I believe it was even quicker than the 5.0 Mustang GTs.

RandyA

While watching a segment of American Thunder that covered the Harley History Museum, they covered a bike that had never been released to the public called the Nova. It had a V4 water cooled motor. Very interesting......... Did a little search on Google and came up with THIS

Well,if you guys ever get to Milwaukee,tour the museum and the Nova bike is on display.

It's the only one in the world.....

We saw it when we toured the museum when Hal and Gayle were staying with us..

So I guess it was worth the visit..Pretty cool...:thumbsup2:

Before that,I never knew it existed....