IGNORED

Thank you members and GaryN

Eugene

Well I replaced the Bridgestones with Dunlops (404) after chatting with Gary a while ago. I cannot believe the difference!! The bike handles more nimbly and I no longer feel those little cracks etc on the asphalt. I did not go with the narrower front this time - may try that next but so far - WOW - what a difference!!

Cheers

Eugene

Hey, I'm really glad to hear you two guys in particular talking about 404's.

I put a pair of maxxis WWW's on my 05 RSTD last year, and they look great, ride fine, but after 5M, the rear is shot. The front is just OK. I'm sure that the way I ride has something to do with it, just love the sound of those drilled out RK's when I get on it.

I have been thinking of getting some Dunlop's, 404's, but don't really want the wide front tire. I might, but if I got the Dunlop Cruisermax front, 130/90-16 and the 404WWW rear then I'd have what I want. I haven't ruled out the wide front though.

Do you guys have a comment on the 404WWW front, 150/80/16?

the tread pattern on front and rear 404's are different anyways.

Thanks,

Steve

Do you guys have a comment on the 404WWW front, 150/80/16?

the tread pattern on front and rear 404's are different anyways.

Thanks,

Steve

Well I'm on about my fourth set of 404 WWW's and I like the wide front tire. I've tried the Avons with the narrow front and IMHO I like the wide front better. The Avons were great going down the road and in slow manoeuvring but there was just something about that small front that didn't sit well with me. Particularly when just coming to a stop. Maybe it was just me.

I don't have a problem with the 404s and have had good service from them, generally getting about 12000 to 14000 miles per set.

I had the criuser max WWWs on my Road Star with no issues.

Take this for what it's worth. There are many on here who don't like the Dunlops too. They work for me and I'll stick with them.

Hey Steve

Wish I could make an intelligent contribution but that would be against my nature!!!

Having just got the Dunlops and only having had Bridgestone before, I really can't comment except to say that there is such a vast improvement in handling and ride. Mind you, I did get about 36,000 kms on my Bridgestone front - went through two rears. As of right now, I could not be more pleased - I stayed with the wider front.

Cheers

Eugene