Guest dabimf

Hello I'm new to the forum because I am considering the purchase of either a left over 08 or a new 09 Venture. Now this is some what my idea and some what my wifes idea. I presently own a 08 Yamaha FJR1300A. It is an amazing motorcycle. This is why I have reservations of getting a Venture. However, my wife likes the Venture "seat" and the more touring like ride of the Venture. I like the addicting power of the FJR. What to do?

I once owned a 1999 Venture. I thought it was a nice bike. I liked it better than a Goldwing I tried and HD---well. Anyway, can anyone tell me any major improvements to the Venture since 99? I have not kept up with the changes if any as far as the Venture is concerned. I don't see that much difference from the 08 to the 09 version although I haven't seen much info on the 09s.

Thanks and I have to say this is a great site for information on the Venture.

Left over? LEFT OVER? Waddya mean "left over"?

You mean there were some spare ones that nobody wanted?

Why wasn't I told?

I found an 07, ( new ) at I-90 Yamaha, in Isaquae, Wa.

And, 3, 08's at another dealer in Renton, Wa. ( and one of them is Black Cherry )

( all three of them discounted )

If you want power, you might wait till the 2010 model comes out......

The EPA Tier 2 exhaust emissions standards go into effect in 2010 and the current RSV cannot pass the new standard.

SENSE the V-Max and the RSV use a similar engine platform and Yamaha just spent a pile of R&D cash on the V-Max that they need to recoup that, so I think that the 2010 RSV will have a similar motor that the current V-Max has.

EFI and variable valve timing, but with less power as the cannot compete with their own hot rod bike.....

But I am just looking into my crystal ball............................ That and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Charbucks.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/lewis/wp-content/photos/starbucks.JPG

Of course the 3rd gen RSV will probally cost $4,000 more...