IGNORED

Updated easier to read 1986-1989 Wiring Schematics

dingy

I have completed the initial pass on the 1986-1989 model years schematics. My goal in doing this is to make them easier to read and reduce the number of pages needed to display the information. I have used color and line types to make the wiring easier to follow. In some cases I could not use the exact color that is being represented due to visibility and printing issues. For example yellow is hard to see on the screen and does not print well.

I have tried to check these as thoroughly as possible. Any errors, corrections or additions that anyone has, please send to me and I will update the files. I have been assisted by fellow member Ozlander with his help checking over my work. I do not have a bike to look at to verify some of this info. I have an 1983 without Cruise or CLASS systems that varies somewhat from the 1986-1989 models.

As I update these files I will increment the revision letter at the end of the file name.

The files will look best when plotted at 11" x 17" size or larger. Office Max and Staples as well as others can do this for you for a minimal charge if you want a printout. I paid $1.00 for an 11" x 17" color print at Staples.

There are four different PDF files for the schematics and one with some reference information from the service manual.

To open the PDF file, click on file name shown in blue below.

86-87 Yamaha Venture DS Wiring Diagram Rev A.pdf

1986-1987 Venture XVZ13DS/DSC

From 1986-1993 Yamaha Venture Service Manual, page 8-41. PDF file pages #467 & 468 of 496.

This file combines the CLASS & Cruise systems on page #1, page #2 is the Audio system.

88-89 Yamaha Venture U Wiring Diagram Rev A. pdf

1988-1989 Venture XVZ13U/UC

From 1986-1993 Yamaha Venture Service Manual, 1988-1989 Supplement. PDF file page #478 of 496.

This file combines the Cruise systems on page #1, page #2 is the Audio system, page #3 is CLASS system.

88-89 Yamaha Venture DU Wiring Diagram Rev A. pdf

1988-1989 Venture XVZ13DU/DUC

From 1986-1993 Yamaha Venture Service Manual, 1988-1989 Supplement. PDF file pages #477 & 479 of 496.

This file combines the CLASS & Cruise systems on page #1, page #2 is the Audio system.

86-89 Yamaha Venture Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev A. pdf

1986-1989 Venture XVZ13DS/DSC - U/UC - DU/DUC

From 1986-1993 Yamaha Venture Service Manual, page 7-1 thru 7-4. PDF file page #265 thru 268 of 496.

86-93 Yamaha Venture electrical info.pdf

1986-1993 Venture XVZ13DS/DSC - U/UC - DU/DUC - DA/DAC

This file is a compilation of various sheets from the 1986-1993 Yamaha Venture Service Manual that would be helpful when working with the electrical system. They are not modified in any way, just as they appear in service manual.

Edited by dingy
Fix links

Copy would be fine or a scan would work also. If you scan it, check to see that text is legible.

Don't worry about getting the wire color chart in scan, I can do that chart from memory at this point. My schematic was a little long to scan in chart.

If you want to mail it to me, I'll PM my address to you.

If someone has an 84-85 Venture Royale schematic I could use it as well.

My 83 schematic has Model XVZ12TK in top left corner. Anything other than this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Gary