IGNORED

Yamaha replacing cd changer with iPod connection

XV1100SE

Another member started a thread about having not received their Star branded iPod Touch yet. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60075

From the other thread... "reason for getting the ipod touch is that Clarion no longer makes the CD changers for Yamaha. I have the cable in the saddlebag but no CD changer. I was told the dealers don't know a lot about what is going on with the ipod touch. The ipod touch will come with an adapter to plug into the CD cable in the saddlebag. This ipod touch is the replacement for the CD changer."

I did a search and found a Chinese site that indicated production numbers of 60,000/year for the Venture. In it it describes the audio system :

"Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, CB radio, cassette, and intercom.MP3-compatible and headset-ready.The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch®(8GB) with an iSimple™Solutions audio interface by AAMP of America."

http://fooktaitrade.en.made-in-china.com/product/DqXxzEdbnopv/China-2011-YAMAHA-Royal-Star-Venture-S-Motorcycles.html

I emailed AAMP of America and this was the response :

"I am aware of the project. I believe that will be a Yamaha product only and will have to be source from a Yamaha dealer.

The product shipped last week however I'm not sure how and when Yamaha will start the distribution.

Please contacting the corp. office in the Southern California for more information.

Regards

Clifton Brown

Aamp of America

Technical Support"

I think I'll be ordering one !

i recieved a ipod 8gb from yamaha last fall, just after my last warranty claim form was completed, it's no different than the ipod that you can buy a walmart for about $150.00

JUST COMES IN A COOL YAMAHA BLUE COLOR.

mike

it plugs into the aux jack at the cassette player, or at the splitter when you open the fairing.

it's a little smaller than the size of the master cylinder cover, and about the same thickness.

Edited by eusa1

My understanding is that you plug the iPOD into an interface and plug it into the C-Bus connector in the left saddle bag. Using the interface you can then control the iPOD from the radio controller on the handle bar.

I checked with my local (Canadian) dealer and they called Yamaha Canada. The interface is not available in Canada and my not be. To get it, Canadian's have to go thru a U.S. dealer. I left a message for Chad at Pioneer Motorsport to find out price and availability.

http://isimplesolutions.com/

http://isimplesolutions.com/integration-iPhone-iPod-SoundByte.aspx

Q - How does the iSimple SoundByte work?

A - The iSimple SoundByte uses your car’s CD changer port (sometimes located in the trunk or glove compartment) to connect an iPod or iPhone directly to its factory-installed stereo. This connection gives you excellent sound quality, as well as enabling you to select tracks using the FFWD / RRWD buttons just like a CD changer.

Q - Does the iSimple SoundByte show Song, Title and Artist info on the radio display?

A - Unfortunately, the iSimple SoundByte does not currently display Song, Title and Artist data. Because your car stereo “thinks” the iSimple SoundByte is an auxiliary CD player, you will see “TRACK” along with a track number on your display.

Edited by XV1100SE

The previous post is basically the same as I was told when I called Yamaha at (800) 962-7926. The customer Rep, Mitch, said that I would not be able to use my CD changer once the ipod touch was connected. (not an issue since I was not given a CD changer due to Clarion no longer making them) Hopefully I will get a call in the next week so that I can pick this thing up and post some pictures.

Ell

:322:

I am now riding a 2007 GL1800 after years (and years) of Venture enjoyment.

I have just recently installed the BikeMP3 player, it hooks up to the OEM 6 disc changer connector on the Gold Wing, and utilizes the factory handlebar controls and works as if you had the factory 6 disc changer. It uses a SD memory card, you load your own tunes. Up to 9 "CD" entries and up to 99 tracks per "CD". Of course, if you need more than 891 song capacity, you can load another card. So far, I have 283 tunes on the card, sound reproduction is awsome.

Maybe someone would want to contact Pete at BikeMP3 and discuss compatability possibility with the RSV disc changer system. He is very willing to help, virtually walked me through the process for loading my card. And that ain't easy to do, I can not understand "Computers For Dummies"!

http://www.bikemp3.com/