IGNORED

Passing lights install

heatonmt

I mounted a lighted LED rocker switch next to the 12v outlet on the fairing and wired them always on so I would have control of them anytime. They are also on thier own circuit. If you like I'll email you the wiring diagram I used.

As I always say there is no such thing as to much info. please e-Mail info. Did you use a relay. Heatonmt@cox.net

Edited by heatonmt

Hey Mike,

I'm still seeing spots from the leds you put on your forks:256:, which by the way did real good for you coming home that weekend from Eureka Springs I could see you real good in the mirror....:thumbsup2:

Next time you can be in front........:Venture:

Buddy

I had the OEM passing lamps installed by the dealer when I bought the bike, so they had the little push button switch mounted next to the 12VDC outlet on the inner fairing (as per Yamaha's instructions....no relay...just tapped into a hot wire with a splice connector). Since you can't tell if a pushbutton switch is "on" or "off" by feeling it, I installed a 20 amp sealed marine quality toggle switch in a hole I drilled in the left side of the inner fairing to the left of the 12V outlet. I used a 30 amp relay from Auto Zone to power the lights from a fused 12 gauge wire I ran from the battery, under the fuel tank, up into the fairing. I wire-tied the relay to an existing bundle of wires under the fairing in an area where I knew it wouldn't rub against anything hard. This set up has worked great for a year and a half. I can tell the lights are "on" by feeling the switch position. I run them at night and a pair of Moto Lights mounted on the calipers in the daytime (installed same kind of switch and relay for the Moto-Lights also). As a side note, I used the hole where the push button switch had been and installed yet a 3rd 20 amp sealed toggle switch there that turns the high beam headlight circuit on and off (no relay used). I did that so I can turn off the headlight when starting the bike, or at other times when the bike is running but I don't want the headlight on (parked, warming it up, etc.). Works great!