IGNORED

First Gen Second Gen what does this mean.

Signguy2017

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a 2001 Royal Star Venture. Love the bike. what do you mean about first, second nad third Gen??

Also have a little problem |I hope.

Was out riding last night, when out of nowhere I lost all power. Nothing worked, no lights, no start , nothing except the radio. I checked the battery, main fuse, ignition fuse, all those fuses are good(tested with a meter) Test light shows power to main fuse in and out.

Any ideas

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a 2001 Royal Star Venture. Love the bike. what do you mean about first, second nad third Gen??

Also have a little problem |I hope.

Was out riding last night, when out of nowhere I lost all power. Nothing worked, no lights, no start , nothing except the radio. I checked the battery, main fuse, ignition fuse, all those fuses are good(tested with a meter) Test light shows power to main fuse in and out.

Any ideas

Ground wire came lose or just lost ground...

"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

It could very likely be the ignition switch. That is one thing that has plagued some of these bikes.

As for the Gen. Yamaha made the Venture from '83 - '93 the first time. We refer to those as First Gen.

They came out with the Royal Star Venture in 1999 and through 2013. We refer to those as the Second Gen.

OH...and there is no third gen. Any talk you see about that is our hopes for the future.

Edited by Freebird

• 2 months later...

Ahh but there is now!

:farmer:

It could very likely be the ignition switch. That is one thing that has plagued some of these bikes.

As for the Gen. Yamaha made the Venture from '83 - '93 the first time. We refer to those as First Gen.

They came out with the Royal Star Venture in 1999 and through 2013. We refer to those as the Second Gen.

OH...and there is no third gen. Any talk you see about that is our hopes for the future.

Unusual to loose everything except the radio. I'd try a little WD40 in the ignition cylinder then work the key back and forth few times. If you have dash lights and radio, i'd look at the kick stand switch and the red off button on the right hand bar. One last thing make sure both battery cables are tight and corrosion free, they can loosen up, especially if the PO (Previous owner) was in the habit of disconnecting the battery for storage or removing it completely to charge it prior to sale.

The history of 1st gen etc was outlined earlier. There is now a Third gen called the Venture but its a V-twin and some of the purests here don't like that, they would prefer it stayed a v-4. There was also a predecessor called the Venturer based on the XS1000 bikes.

Welcome and good luck with the electrical issue.

Ahh but there is now!

:farmer:

That's just fake news from the Yamaha promotion department. Just because they are marketing it as a Venture does not make it a Venture. Seems likely there will never be a true 3rd Gen Venture.

Too bad such a brand new design and a beautiful bike in its own right has been consigned to the void without a valid name.