IGNORED

Vmax parts harvested for my Venture

Ok, I just have to tell someone here, I'm all giddy, especially now that I just put the blue dot R6 calipers on my blue Venture and its sexy as heck. Found an 85 vmax parts bike for $150 and harvested the heads, cams, intakes w/butterflies, Vboost controller & Servo along with wiring harness.

I'm going to ride the Venture stock all next year and if I feel, even for a moment, that more power would be nice then I'll pull her in over the winter and Vmaxize her all up. If I find it ample then I'll pedal this stuff on Ebay but my guess is I'll be switching it up next winter. goody goody goody!!! :biker:

I know the aluminum pistons have better feel and less unsprung weight making it an appealing choice. The longevity of the steel piston was a tipping factor for this application, I was surprised that the color was that close to, that didnt hurt! I found them on fleabay for ~$56 shipped. It came with the rear master and caliper which I cant use, and steel braided lines for rear and both fronts. At that price I would have gone with either material but I was glad to find the blue dots as increased longevity is a perk for me.

This afternoon I'm going to take the vmax splitter and rear line and see if I can fit it to the front but my guess is I'll need to pick up a different line from MC to splitter, maybe I can use the rear line on the Venture rear. Length looks about right to delete the proportioning valve, as long as the angles work. The linked brakes did not please me.

As far as the parts max, I'll do nicely by the time I box up some spare stuff for my vmax and pedal the rest off on ebay. I'm really happy to have picked up everything needed to run a vmax top end in the Venture. Not sure about the vboost though, that single carb looks like a great option, I'll have to wait for more data on that before I make a call on what direction to go.

I will be following. I have a set of VMAX brake lines and front splitter, and blue dots from an R6 to install.

Careful, I have been told the stock Venture barrel bolts will not work with the Vmax lines. The first gen lines have a groove inside the fitting on the brake line. The Vmax and R6 do not, and use a "standard" necked down bolt. The ones from the VMAX will of course work.

I know the aluminum pistons have better feel and less unsprung weight making it an appealing choice. The longevity of the steel piston was a tipping factor for this application, I was surprised that the color was that close to, that didnt hurt! I found them on fleabay for ~$56 shipped. It came with the rear master and caliper which I cant use, and steel braided lines for rear and both fronts. At that price I would have gone with either material but I was glad to find the blue dots as increased longevity is a perk for me.

This afternoon I'm going to take the vmax splitter and rear line and see if I can fit it to the front but my guess is I'll need to pick up a different line from MC to splitter, maybe I can use the rear line on the Venture rear. Length looks about right to delete the proportioning valve, as long as the angles work. The linked brakes did not please me.

As far as the parts max, I'll do nicely by the time I box up some spare stuff for my vmax and pedal the rest off on ebay. I'm really happy to have picked up everything needed to run a vmax top end in the Venture. Not sure about the vboost though, that single carb looks like a great option, I'll have to wait for more data on that before I make a call on what direction to go.

I will be following. I have a set of VMAX brake lines and front splitter, and blue dots from an R6 to install.

Careful, I have been told the stock Venture barrel bolts will not work with the Vmax lines. The first gen lines have a groove inside the fitting on the brake line. The Vmax and R6 do not, and use a "standard" necked down bolt. The ones from the VMAX will of course work.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I have all the bolts and lines so I'll pay close attention. I was hoping to use the Vmax splitter with the calipers and lines from the R6, and the stock MC for now. I'll definitely update later.

How about the Vmax rear gear? Lots of demand for those among Venture riders.

I just pulled that off tonight, it is available, looks purdy dern clean to. It's funny because I was thinking about putting Venture gears in my Vmax because of all the open roads around here, but now that I have an actual venture I'll be leaving the Vmax as is and just sell off the extra vmax diff to the first person that expresses interest and presents a reasonable offer.

I replaced my '85 Venture 1200 with a '87 1300 and added Vmax cams / springs. I later added Vmax carb needles and I am still fighting the carbs. You already have a leg up with the Vmax carbs!

A consideration for your project will be fresh air in and exhaust out. I have been told the Venture's stock airbox will not fit with the Vmax intake and carbs. Also, more power requires freer flowing exhaust.

Keep us in the loop as you make the changes!

I replaced my '85 Venture 1200 with a '87 1300 and added Vmax cams / springs. I later added Vmax carb needles and I am still fighting the carbs. You already have a leg up with the Vmax carbs!

A consideration for your project will be fresh air in and exhaust out. I have been told the Venture's stock airbox will not fit with the Vmax intake and carbs. Also, more power requires freer flowing exhaust.

Keep us in the loop as you make the changes!

I sure will. The vmax carbs are a wreck unfortunately. I may skip the whole vboost/vmax carb thing and see how this single carb setup goes that has been tossed around lately. Maybe a setup with a progressive Weber or Dellorto can be dialed in to accommodate the extra CFM requirements. I'm keeping the Vmax exhaust in case I can use use parts of it to whip something up but I have found nothing along the lines of a full exhaust for the Venture. Figure I'll have to make something. Once I get started I'll document everything but I'm thinking I'll ride it bone stock next season and begin the conversion over the following winter.