IGNORED

Help! headlight and fairing change

Hello

I have a 2006 Royal Star Venture. The fairing shook it self to pieces on a long ride home on a very windy day. I don't want to put another fairing on the bike but would rather install a new headlight and windscreen. I'm having a devil of a time finding either that would fit my bike. Has any one made this type of change? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tim

Boy thats going to be tough. A Tour Deluxe of the 05-09 vintage was basically a RSV with a windshield instead of a fairing. But also you will have to do something with the radio/cb and speedo. You may be able to find a Tour deluxe and see how much work is involved, then find a crashed one with good frontal parts. I know some of the connectors for like the ignition system ecm and a few other things have different connectors on them. It seems Yamaha used the same wireing but changed up positioning. Some blades run horizontal on RSV say and the opposite on the TD.

So whats so bad about the fairing, you dont think you can repair? Gaurentee you would have to go used for parts more than likely.

First time I have heard of a failure of a fairing on a Venture, pics of the failure may help us understand what may have happened. Is it possible the screws were installed at some point with locktite applied, certain types of locktite will destroy the ABS plastic used on the Venture, something that could have caused the failure.

As far as removing the fairing and replacing it with a wind screen will be as Dion said will be tough, There is a lot of wiring to remove or relocate, you will most likely have to lose the stereo and relocate or lose the indicator lights and then there is the speedo, what would you do with that? Not saying it can not be done, but it is going to be a big project. Keep us posted.

Tim,

You would have to omit all the electronic that are buried in the front. I have never heard of anyone wanting to try and do what your looking to. If you need parts I have parted out an 06 RSV, shoot me a PM if your interested in trying to replace parts.