IGNORED

Retrofit stator oil paddle p/n ?

I hear that Yamaha retrofitted the early Ventures with a crankshaft 'paddle' device to improve oil circulation over the stator coil to dissipate heat from it.

Does anyone have a part number for this 'paddle' ?

I am going back in to change the starter clutch and I'd like to install one of these while I am at it, but can't find it listed in any of the parts diagrams at Yamaha.com.

Thanks,

Brian H.

Uxbridge Ont

I've think I've seen the part your describing on Ebay several times. You might do a search and save it to receive email notifications when one comes up for auction. Hope you find what your looking for!

Ronnie

83 Venture w/Champion Sidecar:detective:

$%@@$#@$^^*&*& I just wrote you a long post and then accidently hit delete. Grrrrr!! /This time it's gonna be short. Kit # 90891-30014. If your stator bolt has a punch mark on the hex head it's already been done. I just searched all my records and nothing popped up, so I don't think it's available any longer thru Yamaha. Ebay only.

OK, feel better this AM. Here's some pics so you know what the kit contains and how it fits, plus the installation instructions. There is no paddle, just a wire rod with an offset in it. Not sure how it does it's job, but I guess it does???

OK, feel better this AM. Here's some pics so you know what the kit contains and how it fits, plus the installation instructions. There is no paddle, just a wire rod with an offset in it. Not sure how it does it's job, but I guess it does???

It is supposed to keep the hole in the bolt from plugging. I had attached a PDF in a thread months ago, if you have time to look in my posts, go for it. As I will be on the road soon, with Sarges46 & Big Bob.

It is supposed to keep the hole in the bolt from plugging. I had attached a PDF in a thread months ago, if you have time to look in my posts, go for it. As I will be on the road soon, with Sarges46 & Big Bob.

Hmmmm?? Now why would the hole plug up in the first place?? If the oil gets ugly enough to plug the hole I'd think we'd have more problems that a plugged hole.... :)

Have a safe trip Rocket.... :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the FAST info! Just what I needed to know.

Have asked a few resellers round here about the p/n as I don't see any on Eb today.

Happy 4th to all south of the boarder.

Brian H.