IGNORED

Small inexpensive FOB controlled alarm system that may be useful on motorcycles too..

cowpuc

I know,, VR is not an E-Bike forum but I bumped into something yesterday that some of you might find applicable to your future touring needs.   The "copy" I included with the video reads: 

"Clark is the person who, fortunately, my wife and I bumped into before beginning our new adventure on E-bikes. He introduced us to the Rattan line of bikes and we are thankful he did - these foldable, 750 watt motored machines are AWESOME. We already have over 200 miles of fun (no where near Clarks mileage of over 3000 miles on his) exploring the gorgeous area here on West Michigan's shoreline with endless ride ops. In this video Clark demo's his addition of an alarm system/tail light system that is FOB controlled (please excuse our impatience with the system during the filming of this, the alarm actually works PERFECTLY when not in a hurry LOL). Due to the expense of these bikes and the ease of which they could "walk off", I think our new friend is onto something!!! Thanks again Clark for all the info!! More Rattan E-Bike vids coming folks, keep an eye on my Youtube channel if interested!! Puc" 

• Thanks 1

And then, remembering how helpful to some viewers on youtube the short video we did for @VentureFar about slow riding Tweeks was (determined by the view count/comments and "liked" count), I thought maybe a short video on throttle/brake control might be helpful to older people like ourselves attempting to get back into "biking" and entering the E-Bike world too.   Practice practice practice still seems applicable IMHO.. At any rate,,, here is a peek at that video too for anyone interested.. GET OUT AND RIDE YOU BUNCH OF LOP EARED VARMINTS!! 

Here is copy/paste of the "copy" for this video too:

""Years ago a friend of mine ask me to produce a "How to slow ride a touring motorcycle" video demonstrating how my wife and I control our touring bike in tight crowd conditions (think Sturgis Rally environments) or off road conditions and it was a huge hit on youtube (search my youtube channel if interested in that). I have been spending hours in a parking lot working with my riding partner on developing muscle memory responses for controlling her new E-Bike under similar conditions as mentioned earlier and as commonly found on many bike paths in populated areas. She is finding this training VERY useful not only in crowds but also in preparing to cross intersections and is doing GREAT!! If you are brand new to E-Bikes or, even bicycles for that matter, I implore you to find a parking lot and practice practice practice these, and other safety practices BEFORE heading out to the open road of adventure. Puc""

• Like 1

😡 Helmets!    Ok, I'll stop on that and give you props for having the little dinger bell on the handlebars.  Make sure you use them to alert pedestrian and other cyclists when approaching from behind otherwise they are quite easily startled and then have bad things to say about cyclists - and we can't be having none of that!