The bushings that connect the upper swing arm to the lower are loose on the swing arm. When I look up the parts on line it looks like they are 2 pieces, an outer and an inner bushing. How do I get the outer one (collar) out of the swing arm? They are worn so much that the bushing wobbles inside.

Can you clarify a little? What's the upper and lower swing arm? There's the swing arm, which is the big part that holds the wheel. Then there are two link pieces. Per the schematic, the "Arm, Relay" goes from the frame to the shock, and "Arm 1" goes from the swingarm to the shock.

In all cases, I think when the schematic says "collar", that's the "inner bushing" which is a solid steel piece, and the "bush" is a composite piece that presses into the bore. That's probably what needs replacing. Mine is the same way.

Jeremy

Those are the shock links. Lucky for you I've disassembled mine to replace them while the bikes apart, so I can tell you what I've found. The easiest thing to do is to remove the links from the bike. There are 6 bushings all together, only 3 part numbers. I had to drive the old bushings out with a socket that would fit the ID of the link while they were in my cloth covered vice. My thought is that if you try to drive them out in the bike, you could damage your swingarm bearings. They are a composite fiber/plastic bushing.

Part #'s & pricing from Flatout are as follows--get ready for this----

90386-20116-00 14.81 each x 2

90381-18053-00 15.08 each x 2

90381-18049-00 20.00 each x 2

These are in stock at the warehouses, I would suggest strongly that you replace all of them and be done with it. Just my opinion, though. When you look inside the bushings, if you see a groove worn in the middle of them, they are shot. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Good luck,

Dan

Thanks guys! The bushings and colar between the Swing Arm and Arm1 are worn pretty baddly. They definately need replacing. Right now the bike is up on the jack getting a tire change. Can't get the swing arm off without putting it back together again! I will do all 6 though while I have everything apart.

P.S, How do I add grease zerks? Just drill and tap?

Thanks guys! The bushings and colar between the Swing Arm and Arm1 are worn pretty baddly. They definately need replacing. Right now the bike is up on the jack getting a tire change. Can't get the swing arm off without putting it back together again! I will do all 6 though while I have everything apart.

P.S, How do I add grease zerks? Just drill and tap?

Two thoughts, ideal time to take the swing arm off is when the tire is off already, but then I'm not there so you know best, and yes just drill and tap for the grease zerks,,,,, or you could just drill a hole just small enough to tight fit a tube from a spray grease can and lube it that way,,,, that's what I did and it works great,,, too big a hole though and you will need to fit a zerk anyways.

Hey Dano, looks like yer well on yer way to becoming one of the 1st gen Guru's!

Well I don't know about guru, but I'm workin' on the smarta** thing real good! My dad always taught me, if you wanna know how it works and how its working, tear it apart and rebuild it!!! Now if I can just get that recall thingy to work better!

Dan

Hey 'Builder, you don't need to remove the entire swingarm to do this. In fact, unless you have the right size metric sockets, an approx. 16mm allen wrench and a good torque wrench, I wouldn't do it. I mean, if you want, you can, but it's not necessary to replace the bushings. If you have the time to get them from www.Flatoutmotorcycles.com, that's the prices I gave you plus shipping. Check your local stealer, but they are probably much higher than that.

Keep us informed, and ask any questions you might have, as I will (God willing and my parts get here) be putting mine back together this weekend. And remember, grease everything!

Call me on my cell if you need to, no problem at all.

317-370-0139

Dan