IGNORED

Replacing clutch...what parts to order?

OK...so obviously the friction plates...but are there different materials?

Which is best?

Do I need to change steel plates?

Skydoc has an extra plate to replace the 1/2 plate..can that be ordered

from anywhere? If so is it just an extra regular part?

Lets see see if I get anywhere near the response my other thread had!😄

Not sure what bike you are doing this one but I found that just replacing the pressure plate spring with an EBC one, on my 89 VR and then cross hatching the plates and just resoaking the friction plates in oil made a big different and stop the higher engine speed slippage I was having. If you have a pre 86 VR they use springs on each bolt. Here is an article from the tech library, it is for a second gen but it is the same setup, http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?10518-Clutch-Upgrade.

The removal of the half disk is just replaces with a full disk is all and is a standard part.

Rick F.

Steve,

Rick is right, it depends on which bike you are replacing the clutch plates on. But I think Skydoc can get you everything, including the oem fiber plates....which are about as good as good as any of the aftermarket plates. The most I would ever do to the metal plates would be to bead blast them or just scuff them up a bit. But if it's for your 88, then go ahead and replace the pressure plate with a PWC and replace the inner half plate with a full plate.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Not sure what bike you are doing this one but I found that just replacing the pressure plate spring with an EBC one, on my 89 VR and then cross hatching the plates and just resoaking the friction plates in oil made a big different and stop the higher engine speed slippage I was having. If you have a pre 86 VR they use springs on each bolt. Here is an article from the tech library, it is for a second gen but it is the same setup, http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?10518-Clutch-Upgrade.

The removal of the half disk is just replaces with a full disk is all and is a standard part.

Rick F.