IGNORED

I replaced the coolant plugs...

I replaced the coolant plugs that are behind the faux fins on each cylinder. In doing so I lost a small amount of coolant in each. I openned the rad cap and that was full and I also topped off the overflow bottle. Should I need to worry about air in the system or am I good to go? Thanks in advance....

Normally you do not need to open the rad cap, just check the overflow level and add from there if it shows low. As Pete said , it self bleeds. The only time you need to add from the rad cap is when you do a complete drain and fill, in those cases fill, run until thermostat opens, blip throttle several times to move trapped air up, top off, repeat a few times then replace cap. Check overflow after a ride while hot and after it cools. Add if needed.

The overflow siphon action may not work if you have too much air in your radiator. When I changed my plugs, I ran the engine for a while to fill the engine cavities, then filled radiator from cap.

Hi Leo, When I swapped out my coolant jacket plugs I barely lost any of the green juice, I simply topped up the overflow tank and all was good. :thumbsup2:

I think I may have the same problem. I had my bike up for sale but renewed the registration in case someone wants to ride it before they buy it. I went out to the shop to put the registration sticker on and noticed two little puddles of radiator fluid under the bike. One under each side. They are tiny puddles, less than a teaspoon.

I pulled the ad off Craigslist until I get a chance to put it up on the lift and fix it. I can't sell a bike knowing there's an issue. I want who ever buys the bike to love it as much as I do.

Its been a long extremely cold winter in Western NY which may have led to my problem.

Thanks for the insight

Skeeter