IGNORED

Hey cowpuc

Eck

YUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYY EYE CANDY!!!!! GORGEOUS PIECE OF WORK ECK!!

Having faced my share of "kinked" rear fenders,, you did a nice job on working that out!! Did you try the "tin foil" routine for chrome cleanup or is that one of those fine steel wool and chrome polish finger wearing out jobs (either way = nice)? Not a rechrome is it??

Tail light looks great, very well done,,, where on Gods green earth did you find a replacement lens???? Make sure you get the correct bulb in this one (or make sure its not running both filments at all the time - sure looks like that old one got hot enough we could have started a hot dog fire with it!!

What am telling you for,,,, you da Master my man!!!!!! BEEEEEUUUUTIFUL!!!!!:thumbsup:

By the way,, THANKS for the :photographing:'s!!

(Quote- Cowpuc) Did you try the "tin foil" routine for chrome cleanup or is that one of those fine steel wool and chrome polish finger wearing out jobs (either way = nice)? Not a re-chrome is it??

Well it is NOT a re-chrome cowpuc...I am not going to re-chrome any part of this thing.

I did both, the tin foil routine and the fine steel wool with wax on it and my finger... Cleaned the rust off and waxed all in one motion, then after all the rust was removed, I waxed the fender again...

As for the tail light lens, I could NOT find a replacement lens. I had to search to find a tail light assembly that was as close to the original as I could and found that a RUPP tail light assembly is the closest thing to it so I bought one of their tail light assemblies. Then when I went to mount the tail light assembly onto the tail light bracket of course the mounting holes don't line up so I had to take the tail light assembly apart to remove the backing plate, do a hand lay out of hole locations in T-light bracket, drill holes in backing plate and then mount it to the bracket. When I was done I was impressed...........ha

Share with the rest of us, what is the tin foul routine. That looks great

Well there are several methods out there using aluminum foil so here are just a few.

Pour Coke or any type of soda on your rusty chrome. Crumple up some aluminum foil and use it to scrub the nasty rust away. Rinse with warm water and wipe dry.

Used baking soda mixed in water, dip crumbled aluminum foil in mixture and rub the rust away...Rinse with warm water and wipe dry

I personally use car was (Liquid Turtle wax) and small pieces of crumbled up aluminum foil and rub on the rusted parts. If this doesn't remove all the rust, I then use a very soft wire wheel that put it in my drill motor, and "lightly" I mean lightly buff the rusted areas, then go back with the wax & aluminum foil, rinse, dry and then I wax the whole part to look like new.

Now here is another neat trick.. If you are tired of that aluminum foil tube coming out of the box when you pull out a piece... look at each end of the box and you will see a tab that folds inward to hold the cardboard tube in the box,,,,,duh....this works on the saran wrap box also.......how about that!