IGNORED

Audio Noise

BIG TOM

I KNOW ALL I NEED TO DO IS ASK..BEEN AROUND ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS AND ALREADY FEEL WELCOME. HERES MY PROBLEM..MY INTERCOM IS MUFFLED.. IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND TATERS WHEN SHES TELLING ME WHAT SHOPS TO STOP AT AND WHEN TO FIND A REST STOP....RADIO AND CB SEEMS TO BE FINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A LITTLE ENGINE NOISE AT HIGHER SPEEDS..NOT THAT I DONT LIKE SPENDING ALL DAY TALKING TO TATERS AND HER TELLING ME WHEN TO TURN,STOP.CHANGE THE MUSIC ETC.ETC.ETC........ SHE REALLY IS MUFFLED...SAVE MY MARRAGE...HELP:feedback::think:

Two things to try.

First, is her mic 'pointed' in the right direction and positioned where it can pick up her voice? Check the holes in the mic and make sure they point toward her.

What level is the IC set on? Try turning it up? If she hears you ok, it probably isn't this setting.

I agree with BigShell, check the direction of the mic.

Also, where do you have the tone control (ring around the IC volume knob) set. If it's all the way counter clockwise this would make it more muffled. Don't know that this could be the problem because you'd definitely hear this in the radio as well.

Also, don't know that the mute would affect that but do you have the mute on? Is it possible that the attenuation on the bar mounted control is down too low? Do you have the passenger control box...are all settings and or connections good on that? May try cleaning those connections and maybe a little bit of dielectric grease.

Maybe cleaning and putting dielectric grease on all the connections in the radio compartment may help as well.

Good luck with this problem. Hope you can solve it. Let us know what finally did the trick.