IGNORED

Road Star luggage rack on an 06 RSTD

I read a few post about people that put the Road Star fender rack on the RSTD. I would like to do this as it seems to be a cheaper (price ) rack than the OEM RSTD one. Can anyone tell me if it is strong enough for a tour bag? I can't tell from pictures which one has more support.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the RS rack for a number of years before changing over to the RSTD rack. I did so because I found the RS rack was narrow; my bags were sagging on either side of it. The RSTD rack may not be the best, but it is a little wider and integral to the backrest which makes the load more stable. It has solved the problem to a degree. Also, the RS rack left a dent in the rear fender.

Bought my new 08 , RSTD, last summer, and also removed the pass seat, and wanted a rear fender rack.

I went to local, dealer, and found that the original Yamaha RSTD rack had been

" discontinued" as a factory optional accessory.

However: the parts guy at the counter, checked his computer, for stock and found that 3 dealers around the country still had one in stock.

He ordered me one, from a dealer in Reno, that still had one left on the shelf.

It was shipped to me, UPS, quickly.

Anyway, there " Might " still be a couple of them in stock somplace, around the country, check with a Yamaha dealer Stock guy, he might be able to find you one if you are still looking.