IGNORED

question about

leveling links? what are they ? & what is the gain in using them? I'm sure there is thread about them :D

Yes, there are several threads. A search will find them for you.

Basically they are to replace the links on your rear shock. They will raise the back of your bike by appx 1 inch which changes the geometry of the bike slightly and makes for easier low speed handling.

I do recommend them.

You'll find a template somewhere in here to make your own if you have the wherewithall to do that.

I put them on my '09 when I first got it. After riding with them for several months and getting use to the top heavy feel of the bike I took them off because I'm a little bit "vertically challenged" in the leg department. At first it did as others have said. Slow speed handling seemed to have improved tremendously. But the extra seat height kept me tip toeing all the time. I took them off and have never noticed anymore problem with slow speed manuevers . I think this is because I got use to the bike and the high center of gravity. One thing that I have learned in controlling this big heavy bike is to never, ever use the front brake while the front tire is even sightly turned. If you do , you create a very good chance of dropping the bike. In all honesty, they will help in the slow speed maneuvers but, give yourself a little time to get use to the bike. You won't find a better ride, IMO!! On the other hand, if you don't have short legs, go ahead and put them on and you will probably never take them off.

I made my own and installed them easy job.

They do improve slow speed handling a 1/4 " shorter link will raise the rear of the bike 1".

I'm 6'3" so that's not a issue but did make it a little harder for the wife to get on and off.

It will increase the lean angle on the stand and there fore make it a little heavier getting it off the stand.

If you are a little vertical challenged there are some threads on lowering the front 1" which accomplishes the same thing.

But I like mine