well i ordered a tci they shipped it today. i read that gm map sensors will work with it. the one mentioned was 89.00 here. I found one for 39.99 fits buick and chevy its a master pro 2-ms21 from o-o you know the rest. had to put a adapter on hose to use the dorman47311

looks and sound like a straight forward conversion. hope the computer program is easy. the display on laptop looks like modern salt spreader programing {same format}. now the waiting game. ps. i asked for 3 terminals or part numbers to source locally. :fingers-crossed-emo

well i recieved the unit this morning. and a email telling me you cannot use tps if you use iap

well what is iap. is that the factory sensor the unit is 4ch v88 for a 1983 venture :confused24: new to bike and to forum.

well i recieved the unit this morning. and a email telling me you cannot use tps if you use iap

well what is iap. is that the factory sensor the unit is 4ch v88 for a 1983 venture :confused24: new to bike and to forum.

IAP is indicated air pressure. This is the setting to use with the GM MAP sensor. TPS is Throttle Position Sensor. TPS was the only option with the v80 and v75 versions, but was still used with the MAP sensor.

Dingy should chime in a can provide you a copy of latest .ing map, or I can when I get to my home PC this evening. Will likely need email address-don't think we can send these maps by PM. We currently seem to be having better success using the v80 .ing map with the v88 hardware and the GM MAP sensor. Receiving reports of ignition cutouts using the v88 .ing map.

I don't think the xvz1300 setting in the stock program window works.

I am attaching an IGN file for the 83 Venture. I have to zip it to get it uploaded.

You will need to reset your IAP settings on Miccelaneous screen to match your MAP sensor.

Settings on Bike tab are what is needed to get the TCI to work with the Venture. Nothing on this tab should need changed from file I am attaching.

Save attached file to your PC & unzip it. Should have an extension of .IGN

Open TCIP4 software, click on File, then Open, then browse to where you just saved file, click on it and click on open.

This should load it into TCIP4 software.

To load it into TCI, have key set to ON, with motor NOT running. Once computer links with TCI, the red lettering in upper right corner that reads No connection with PC will go away. Then click on Program icon at top of screen.. A couple of blue bars will zip across screen on lower right, takes a couple of seconds only. Then bike can be started, with PC still hooked up if you want.

DO NOT load a program into TCI with bike running.

Gary

• 1 month later...

well i have the bike back from the shop. runs great now. now to fix the class and exhaust leak. and head light. and make the fan run only when needed. po was a cobbler no money to repair correctly. thanks dingy and bkuhr you were a big help