IGNORED

Painted engine cases for my 83.......

DragonRider

Here are the engine cases painted black. I am leaving the rest of the engine original. The cases will show more that the engine anyway so no need it spending more time painting. I am not quite finished with the chrome covers, need to fill in the painted areas and polish some more. Note one says 1300, the cover from my 83 had the chrome peeling so this one was much better.

[ATTACH]66678[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66679[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66680[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66681[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66682[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66683[/ATTACH]

I think they look pretty good myself......cant wait to get the engine back in the frame and fire her up. All that goes well, some plastic still needs a little touch, I have the new and improved fuse box from Skydoc, new plugs, might be riding it in a couple of weeks.:dancefool::banana::big-grin-emoticon:

Looking good Lewis!

I have considered painting my cases black because it should go with my paint scheme.

Really want to see pictures when it is back together!

Gary,

Below is an idea of what your motor would look like.

The block & heads are a satin black high temp engine paint

The covers are a high gloss powder coat.

This block is from a parts bike I got from MiCarl several years ago. The block was not attractive when I got it. It just takes time to clean it up and paint it. The regular paint Lewis used will be fine.

It is time and labor intensive, but these bikes can be brought back to life.

Gary

Wish I hadnt seen those pics, that engine looks great, dont really care for the red on the carbs, but man that engine looks sharp..........I dont have the bikini covers, so my engine wont be showing so much. Gary is right, these bikes have a lot of life left in them and with proper care and a little elbow grease, they can me made to look like new.......

Oh and K-Rider, better be wearing them gloves I gave you before you handle my pretty cases, only clean hands gonna touch em:stickpoke:

Gary,

Below is an idea of what your motor would look like.

The block & heads are a satin black high temp engine paint

The covers are a high gloss powder coat.

This block is from a parts bike I got from MiCarl several years ago. The block was not attractive when I got it. It just takes time to clean it up and paint it. The regular paint Lewis used will be fine.

It is time and labor intensive, but these bikes can be brought back to life.

Gary