IGNORED

Electronics question

Black Owl

This is for all the electronics experts or stereophils out there.

If i get me one of those Ipods, Ppods, MP3 or whatever, how good are the FM trasmitters to have the music play through the FM radio? Just think, 500 Willie, Kris, and Joan songs in one place.

Also, how close to the radio does the FM transmitter need to be to work?

Thanks much

I have never had luck with them. I would say use the wire into a y connector inside the fairing. It is a clean install and a clear sound. I ran mine under a hopnell tank bib and brought the wire from the bottom into the pouch. It works great and if it starts to rain, just put it in the pouch.

Tom

The FM Modulator works as long as you stay in one place. You need a weak or unused FM signal in the area your using the modulator. Think of the pain and fustration you feel having to find a strong FM station playing the music you like while riding the bike as you ride out of range then having to find another one and so on............ The FM Modulator is subject to a lot of radio interference IE. Static evertime you pass under traffic lights...Hard wire if you can:080402gudl_prv:

:fireman: TFD69

Hard wired is best, but I found that if you get a good quaility modulator they are'nt so prone to interference as some of the cheaper ones. The modulator I use is from XM and it seems to work quite well, but does get channel bleeding from FM radio stations at times. Some of the radios now come with the modulator built in so you can easily chose which preference suits you.

Hardwired is better as mentioned. Moving from city to city

the freqs your xmitter is using may be occupied, so then you have to change channels on BOTH devices. interference will be a minor problem except as stated above(occupied by a radio station) since the xmitter and receiver are so close.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Netechsys

Hardwire is the best! I added a 12V Accessorie plug in the tail bag and attached it to the CD Changer. Ran the cable at the same time as the changer, so everything is under the tank and hooked in under the fairing. To make it easy to change the iPod while driving, I added a RF remote that I picked up from the Apple Store. The 12 Accessory plug is hardwired to the battery via a relay controlled by the lights.

-Terry