Hannigan Brake Pads (Part Number)

Cougar

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

thanks!

I had to go out earlier today and the wife has an appointment in a while so I hope to get out and start them later today. I did get a chance to look some more at the layout and it actually makes more sense to me ... Appreciate the offer for assistance and HOPE I don't need any. I found & will use the torque specs for the original hardware.

pa_don

Jeff & Jay,

Thanks for the help. The info you provided was VERY helpful. I was not really sure what would be entailed until you started providing the information. It was definitely much more straight forward than I had thought having never even changed the pads on the bike before..... It definitely made a world of difference... no more grinding stops!

While it took nearly a month from my 1st contact, some delays in parts and manufacturing, but Hannigan stepped up to the plate and made things right. A class act and good folks to do business with!

:bighug:

• 1 year later...

Ok guys.. over a year later and know I need to think about having a replacement set of pads as they will probably need to changed out this season. If I read the post correct I DO NOT want to use the EBC FA-266. so.... the question is (since I am really that clueless), what pads should I be looking for since I now have the FANTASTIC stainless steel upgraded rotors? Info and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

pa_don

Emailed to me today 7/5/13

Jeff, The brake pads are Brembo and many places will not carry them but EBCbrakes

are available in most motorcycle shops, the EBC number is FA266 HH Jim GoochHannigan Motorsports

EDIT:: YES the (( HH )) does make a difference for the newer type rotors.

You can find them on Amazon.

Edited by Cougar

Jeff,

Thanks for checking it out for me. I need to go look at them so I remember what they were. When I looked for the 266HH I saw a few versions so your pics were great (as usual!). Looks like most of these fit Ducati's.

I saw the part number in the 1st post of this thread but when reading though it, it seemed that the 266HH were NOT the right pads for the new rotors....

Guess I just to easy to confuse.

Any way, came up with similar links as you did for the pads and best price I see is about $28 a pair ( on amazon ).

Will start looking into having a set on hand as I probably will need them later this year - assuming the rain ever stops!

pa_don

Don, remove a wheel a really look in there close.

you will be surprised to see how much there is left.

I also did revise the first post. so you are NOT CRAZY :eek: !! :rasberry:

It did say 266 before. I figured after I talked with Jim I should change

that first post. the 266 was the right one with the older calipers .

now the HH is added.

$28 is about the best your gunna get. And I can never remember if you

get (4) or (2) for that price. :confused07:

Good luck and ride safe !!