IGNORED

Riding Experience Improved. RSTD

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: I was able to get in a 50 mile winter ride yesterday. Dry roads and 42 degrees. I reflected back on my improvements this past season that have really made my cycling experience much nicer. Using my DroidX cell phone in Otterbox Defender case is a much welcomed improvement. Bluetoothed to my Nolan N103 helment gives me freedom to ride even when I am "On Call", something that I was always scared to do before, afraid I would miss an important callout. Adding a 12v accessory plug allows me power to my cell now. No more "low Battery indicators". Using a GPS program on my cell phone has given me a precise easy to READ "Speed" indicator. I always felt uneasy riding with my stock speedometer, knowing that it was 8 miles per hour off. Little improvements that have made a big difference for me.:)

• 1 year later...
Hello Everyone: I was able to get in a 50 mile winter ride yesterday. Dry roads and 42 degrees. I reflected back on my improvements this past season that have really made my cycling experience much nicer. Using my DroidX cell phone in Otterbox Defender case is a much welcomed improvement. Bluetoothed to my Nolan N103 helment gives me freedom to ride even when I am "On Call", something that I was always scared to do before, afraid I would miss an important callout. Adding a 12v accessory plug allows me power to my cell now. No more "low Battery indicators". Using a GPS program on my cell phone has given me a precise easy to READ "Speed" indicator. I always felt uneasy riding with my stock speedometer, knowing that it was 8 miles per hour off. Little improvements that have made a big difference for me.:)

Where did you mount your accessory plug on your RSTD? I am looking to get a USB plug for our cell/gps. I know there is a hole back behind the seat.

Dave

I will probably want to mount it in the back somewhere. My wife will be using the gps in the phone and controlling the music to the helmets. And when she gets bored, probably surf the internet?? I thought about putting one in the hole on the left side beneath the drivers seat, and another one in a saddle bag, so I can lock the phone in to charge if I want. Just a thought.

Hello Dave: I completely forgot that before I installed my Harley Trunk, I did connect a fused 12v outlet to the battery and ran the cord out under the seat. It was easy for my wife to use. She used the pouch on the back of my drivers back rest to hold her phone for charging. Otherwise it was within easy reach during traveling. If we needed to charge while parked, I simply dropped the end of the cord into my saddle bag and locked the bag. That actually worked well. Others have installed outlets in the plastic areas behind your knees. I know their is a post on it. I can look later if you need me to.:)