IGNORED

Insurance question

BigD380

Ok, so I am new here to this site on the trial membership right now at least until payday to pay my $12. A fee well worth the knowledge I have already gained from you. I bought my 2006 Venture last december and have loved stacking on the miles. Unfortunately I ended up going off road with her and beat us both up pretty. Lucky for me I was wearing most of my protective gear. My Venture is in the local dealership because I didnt know where else to send her for repair. The insurance adjuster called today said they would send me a check for the repairs but I needed to call the dealership and give them consent to do the repairs. When I called the service manager said they would be in touch with "their" estimate for repair. Humm am I missing something here? I feel like they are going to give me a higher estimate than the appraisor. Does this sound right to anyone? I havent had anything like this happen with my cage repairs. :mytruck:

you should get a copy of the repair estimate and only approve the repairs after you look over the list.

it's no different than auto repairs, other than most paint damages will be replacement of entire parts and no painting or pounding out parts.

the check that you get from your insurance company will help you figure it out. it should match the estimate to the penny// less your deductible

dont sign off the check or make payment untill fully repaird and complete.

mike

p/s welcome it's the best 12 bucks you will ever spend.

Sounds about right. The way my insurance company works is their adjuster does his adjustment and cuts me a check minus my deductible. If the actual repairs are more, the dealer or authorized shop fills out a supplemental with the difference that's handled directly through the insurance co.

If the adjuster is good and the damage is straight forward it should be fine. If they get in there and find hidden damage it could be more.

That's how mine works. If I were your shows, I would rather trust the dealer vs an independent shop.

I went thru this myself. What your dealer does is estimate high and then the insurance company comes in and whittles it down a tad with things like "That part does not need to be replaced, just bend it back into shape" etc. Check with your service manager at the dealer to see if this is the case. You did the right thing taking it to a dealer as long as the dealer has a good reputation. Unfortunately there are good dealers and bad dealers out there...

BTW welcome aboard! Glad you are OK! Yes, protective gear does just that!

My adjuster stands there while the shop removes every part and they

both agree, she will not walk aways until the estimate is done for

all 3 party's involved. I have been real happy over the years with

my Adjuster. and when the work is complete, that work has a life time

warranty from the shop as well.:)