IGNORED

Shifting with floorboards - Ruffer.

I took the floorboards of my 89 VR and definately noticed that the shifting mechanics were much smoother and quiters.

I put the floorboards on my 91 VR.

Does anyone know why or is there a way to adjust the shifting with floorboards.

I never could get use to Heel/Toe floor boards on the '91 so pulled them off and sold them. I also got rid of the H/T shifter on the '99.

I have floor H/T shifter on my 83. It seems to be pretty smoth to me. I'm not able to compaire to before the floor boards were put on... I added them before i started riding it. I can say it shifts smother and quieter that My XS1100...but that does not take much.

I have H/T shifter on my 83 that I took off a parts bike.Works pretty smooth. I have been warned that it can over stress the bearing and break the case cover. The bearing on the parts bike was locked up and the case was broken.

Main point being I wouldn't go banging through the gears very often.

I shift down by picking my foot up and pressing down on the front part of the HT then setting the foot down on the FB untill the next downshift; and I shift up by resting my foot on the ball and shifting with the heel. Depending where I'm going I leave my foot on the ball until I am close to my desired cruising RPM. At no time do I rest my entire foot on the shifter (which would be uncomfortable anyway). My foot rest on the floorboard when not actively shifting.

I've found that by preloading the shifter prior to pulling the clutch (upshifting) I experience very little noise.