IGNORED

possible exhaust help in the future....

bj66

I ran across a guy while looking for exhaust help on my Roadglide. I had a unique setup and had a baffle question. Anyway this guy helped me out in a big way. While talking I mentioned that I had a Rstd and that the Yammie guys are always looking for slip ons of one sort or another. I asked him if he could design a baffle set that would fit the stock mufflers. He said he thought he could, and of course he wondered how much interest there would be. I figured that there may be quite a bit. So I thought I'd throw this out there to see if there is any interest. Rather than give his name out or have a business come on here and solicit, I figured this would be the best way to find out. Might be a help to the Yammie in the aftermarket business.....

Good idea, but I already have the after market pipes. However I do still have the factory exhaust put up in a good/clean and dry place. Can the factory baffles be removed though with out really just cutting or beating them out ? Have not saw mine for some time.

Fuzzy

probobly have some cutting. But it would be worth looking at. We have such little choices as it is. Maybe he'd have to do a whole pipe. If that works, might even be able to do a 1st gen pipe as well. Worth a shot anyway.

I asked this question some where else but here goes again. I've done the street glide set up on my RSV already. With this "adapter bracket " wouldn't aftermarket HD slipons like the Vance an Hines big ovals fit our bikes or some of the others out there.

:fingers-crossed-emo

yes you can make an adaptor bracket for any HD slip on. The rear mount isnt in the same spot is all. I just thought it might be nice to be able to keep the stock Yamaha pipe look with different baffles. My RSTD stock pipes have a nice look to them with the tips. The more choices the merrier. Plus this guy that makes exhausts also makes high performance exhausts as well. Actually right now my bike has an aftermarket exhaust on it already, but more options would be nice. Plus I may sell my RSTD, I just havent decided yet. Beings I still hang around on this site, I thought i'd try and come up with something to help the good people on this site. If there is no interest, no big deal.

There is a very simple way to modify the rsv muffler to get a good rumble, and you will not be able to see that they have been changed, they will look perfectly stock.

there are several threads in the second generation tech.

Simple proccess of taking a dremal tool and a cut off wheel stick up the output end of the muffler and cut the tube into, and then prize over to the side, and you then have straight through exhaust, thats sound good but not too loud.

Gregg