IGNORED

Classifieds...AGAIN :(

Freebird

OK folks, due to continuing issues with our classifieds section, I am going to see how it works by doing away with the separate classifieds area and creating forum areas for our classifieds.

I have already created the new forums and you'll see them if you scroll down on the home page of the forum. There are positives and negatives to moving them to the forum.

Positives:

Possibly more exposure for the ads.

Better integration with the forum software.

Will put an end to headaches that the present system is causing me with ads mysteriously going away, being marked sold, etc.

Negatives:

No integrated "buy now" button. PayPal and/or payment info will have to be worked out through contact with the seller.

No option to "renew" an ad. They are set to expire in 60 days and then if your item hasn't sold, you will just have to replace your ad.

No "miles from me" indication but most complained that the feature didn't work anyway.

So, we'll see how it works out and go from there. I will leave the current classifieds open for a few days. If you have items or an item for sale in the classifieds, please take the time to add it to the new area as your existing add will be gone in a few days.

i've been on this group posting since about 2005, in all that time i have gotten away with not using caps. the v-star guys ate me up the first week. whats with you folks? before you start on me, i must say i can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so no caps are still the order of the day. SO THERE YOU GO. :rasberry: :rotf::rotf::rotfl:darn that felt weird. i must be having a :sign brain fart: .

i've been on this group posting since about 2005, in all that time i have gotten away with not using caps. the v-star guys ate me up the first week. whats with you folks? before you start on me, i must say i can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so no caps are still the order of the day. SO THERE YOU GO. :rasberry: :rotf::rotf::rotfl:darn that felt weird. i must be having a :sign brain fart: .

Don't worry my friend it is only temporaary.:doh: