IGNORED

ABATE Experienced rider course

jeff2053

I've been thinking about taking this course threw ABATE has anybody taken it? I'm sure its worth it just looking for other peoples experiences or if by chance if anybody else from wisconsin is taking the one at Fort McCoy either 7-9 or 7-16

Jeff

I've been thinking about taking this course threw ABATE has anybody taken it? I'm sure its worth it just looking for other peoples experiences or if by chance if anybody else from wisconsin is taking the one at Fort McCoy either 7-9 or 7-16

Jeff

While I have no experience of this particular course, I have been on other advanced riding courses.

As a general rule, they are worth their weight in gold.

As to specific courses .... Much depends on the actual instructor you get, but courses that are not well liked do not last long, word gets around.

The staff in the local dealerships are usually up to speed on local courses, unless, of course they run their own ... then ask their customers :)

Most local areas in the US now have Facebook Rider Groups .... Those guys could be very helpful too.

Hope this helps.

Since it is an ABATE thing do you have to wear a helmet?

Here is a quote from another forum

"That was a really good class, took it today (there was a snow delay on the last date). It is nice to get back to basics and get rid of some bad habits. I did it on the DRZ so the maneuvering wasn't as difficult for me as it was for the cruiser guys. All in all, I would recommend it if you just want to brush up on some basic skills."

Edited by etcswjoe

Yes you do. Required safety gear is listed in the link on my previous post.

Good!

MSF courses too. Minimum is Helmet, long sleeved top, long pants and ankles covered.

It is good that, while many are free to ignore helmet safety, that safety courses are not quite so accommodating.

Good!

MSF courses too. Minimum is Helmet, long sleeved top, long pants and ankles covered.

It is good that, while many are free to ignore helmet safety, that safety courses are not quite so accommodating.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: