IGNORED

Beautiful afternoon/evening ride

Venturous Randy

I took off work yesterday at 3pm and stopped by the house and picked up my lady Linda, who had come over for a visit, and we took off down thru the country on one of those rides you dream about during the winter. I started off in a light jacket and ended up putting shorts on. The scenery, with all the budding trees and flowers was absolutely beautiful, especially with the clear air and the mountains all around us. At one point we saw 82º on the bike thermometer.

It was one of those light traffic, bike running real good days along country back roads that are just made for easy riding and talking and sharing thoughts about the upcoming summer and camping and traveling on the bike. We snaked along roads that ran beside rivers that went from glistening pools to fast running white water. We saw fields of grass that are just beginning to get that bright green that is only in the early spring.

I really feel fortunate to live in this part of the country where the weather is more moderate and people are so friendly. It is rare that when stopped that someone doesn't have something friendly to say, especially when you are on a motorcycle.

I noticed that when I pulled the bike back into the garage that we had put 125 miles on it just to run out and get something to eat.

RandyA

That ride sounds like the best way to spend ANY DAY!!! My wife and I visited Tennesee last April and had a wonderful time! We have friends who moved to Paris TN about 2 years ago, got out of CA when the gettting was good. We would move back there in a heartbeat if the economy came back around and we could get out of our mortgage without losing our rearends! Thanks for sharing that ride, that's one of the big reasons I bought a nice comfy ride, so the wife and I could just go, cuz it's the journey, not the destination!!

ride safe!

Brian in SoCal

I took off work yesterday at 3pm and stopped by the house and picked up my lady Linda, who had come over for a visit, and we took off down thru the country on one of those rides you dream about during the winter. I started off in a light jacket and ended up putting shorts on. The scenery, with all the budding trees and flowers was absolutely beautiful, especially with the clear air and the mountains all around us. At one point we saw 82º on the bike thermometer.

It was one of those light traffic, bike running real good days along country back roads that are just made for easy riding and talking and sharing thoughts about the upcoming summer and camping and traveling on the bike. We snaked along roads that ran beside rivers that went from glistening pools to fast running white water. We saw fields of grass that are just beginning to get that bright green that is only in the early spring.

I really feel fortunate to live in this part of the country where the weather is more moderate and people are so friendly. It is rare that when stopped that someone doesn't have something friendly to say, especially when you are on a motorcycle.

I noticed that when I pulled the bike back into the garage that we had put 125 miles on it just to run out and get something to eat.

RandyA

Well I was a day late and a dollar short.I was in the Parking lot at Bristol Speedway Monday morning meeting my friend who came down from New Jersey for the race Sunday.Sure had a great ride over there and back.

Randy,

Thanks for the vision on what we are looking forward to. As ic23 said, we are still getting hammered here in upstate NY with winter conditions (snowing as I write this :confused:) can't seem to catch a break.

I did get out on my bike Sunday for a short jaunt, hit the mid 40's and sunny before the crap weather moved back in. Nothin' like you described.

It has been a brutal winter...can't wait for it to stop! Nobody told Mother Nature that it is SPRING!!!

Gonna happen soon...just gotta believe.

Ride safe and count your blessings.

Dal