IGNORED

Sold my RSTD and got a Road Star

starkruzen

I started out with a Roadie and added the Venture to the garage about 2 months later. Overall I like the Venture just a tad more but only by the tinyest bit. Everytime I think about selling the Roadie I ride it to work and change my mind.

I like the Roadie for the lower seat height, the torque, the sound and the simplicity. I tinker with it all the time just because I like to and there are a lot of accessories available. It's my "muscle car".

I like the RSV because it does what it's designed to do so well with just maintainence. It's like having an old 500 cube Caddy... comfort, power and cruise all day.

All that said, the Roadie is so changeable that you have the "UltraStar" guys that add a fairing, trunk, cruise, etc. and love the Roadie as a touring bike.

Tough to choose between the two for me.

I have never owned a Roadie but have ridden them several times. I actually do enjoy riding them and think that they are a beautiful bike. For me, it comes down to long distance comfort and not so much for me but for my wife. To be honest, there are a LOT of bikes out there that I like and if I did most of my riding alone, there would be several choices for me. When you add a passenger to the equation though, that changes things a LOT. There are just very few bikes out there that offer the passenger room and comfort of the RSV.