I have a set of Bub Slip-ons (on for one year), they slipped on but do not slip off, in fact they do not even pound off.

I have split a few 2x4's trying to the get them off. Looked like it was slipping off but in fact the whole exhaust was slipping off.

Pentrating oil did not help. I was able to get the tire on but I would really like to get that exhaust apart. I have access to a torch but not here. Is that going to be my only option? or does someone have any other tricks. ?

Brad

Brad,

I assume that you've tried twisting them? That's the way I usually get them to break loose.

Yup, had a neighbor help and the two of us could not twist it !

I will have to get to it later, no time right now. I am thinking heat is going to be the only way.

Brad

yup... what freebird said.. unbolt them from the mounts, loosen the header clamps, and use the mounting bracket as leverage to giv'em a twist and they slide off for me... over 7 years and 100k of off and ons for tires and repacking.

mike

brad, do you know how to sweat copper pipe with solder??

get the pipe connection hot and take a regular wax candle and apply to the connection and it will draw inside just like solder to copper... i have used this method on several rusty bolts and auto pipe connections over the years, with great results..

mike

brad, do you know how to sweat copper pipe with solder??

Yes, Will a propane torch be hot enough ? If not once the pipes are heated with a real torch they should come loose as they cool.

Brad

Yes, Will a propane torch be hot enough ? If not once the pipes are heated with a real torch they should come loose as they cool.

Brad

yes the propane will get hot enough, but pull it apart rite after the wax while it's still hot.