IGNORED

Venture Sighting!!!!!

Ky. Rider

This is one of many reasons I ride a venture. I'm sure we've all noticed post that are "Venture Sightings" and I like them. Yea we talk about we wish Yamaha would do more to promote the Venture and update it and there is alot of validity to those comments but at the same time, if they were as common as HD & GW I probably wouldn't be riding one. That's just my style. I'll bet you don't see post on the HD & GW sites of ____ Sighting! Throw that in with the other compliments that I find about my Venture and I like my bike even more. No bashing here, just an observation. :thumbsup2:

I think we should have a separate thread just for sightings.

Maybe have a map linked to it so we can pin point our sighting, and then a separate little area for "Hey, that was me!" answers. Just an idea ...... from a retired guy, looking out at a grey day.

Sorry Freebird, I know .... like you have nothing better to do than jump at our every whim. Just an idea, is all. Maybe something for the future?

:fingers-crossed-emo

Maybe have a map linked to it so we can pin point our sighting, and then a separate little area for "Hey, that was me!" answers. Just an idea ...... from a retired guy, looking out at a grey day.

Sorry Freebird, I know .... like you have nothing better to do than jump at our every whim. Just an idea, is all. Maybe something for the future?

:scratchchin: Most of us have cell phones with cameras that are always with us, if the op arises we could snap pics and post with the thread. Might help others recognizes bikes? :2cents:

Ha! When our bikes were made we didn't have this new fangled internet thingy

You sir are correct! Back then high speed communicaation was a note tied around a rock and then thrown. Not much of a data rate but you guys only had 10 words and 3 delt with food.:banana::2cents::rotfl:

it is usually a small(ish) hand held device which the prison systems allow the convicts to use on special occasions....... i.e. 'cell phone'.....ok i'm off to get another cup of coffee :bobby:

Cell Phones are contraband at our place. Female visitors keep sneaking them in.:confused24:

I was riding around in Bryce Canyon this past weekend and I saw a parked, silver Venture with a trailer in a parking lot. I didn't see the riders otherwise I probably would have stopped to say hi. Next time, I'll try and remember to shoot a picture. Good idea.

Here are my pics from that ride:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2333960&id=17809521&l=6f5b6cb50f

I saw a 1st and a 2nd gen in a big group ride last Sat in Cambridge, MN. Then a 2000 MM in Menomonie, WI later that evening ridin' with a HD. Just yesterday I met a 07 blue/black right here in Fox Lake. Just didn't want to start another "venture sighting" thread.

I think it would be fun to see if we were spotted by folks on here when on tour.

Later, Scooter Bob