IGNORED

Carburetor type - Model ???

Carburetor fuel leak.

I have an intermittent or random fuel leak (R/S) from carburetor, #3 or #4 air vent hose on a 2006 Yamaha RSTD. Sometimes I can ride for 50 miles before it leaks and other time less than 7 miles. I have tried a can of Sea Foam without success. At idle there has never been a fuel leak problem… only occurs at road speed. The Yamaha owner’s manual indicates the carbs are Mikuni type BDSR32 X4. I have been unable to locate any information on these units on the Internet. What do these numbers mean and how do I find out the type of carburetors I have on this motorcycle. Any suggestions to solve this “nagging” fuel leak problem without removing the carburetors (a last resort) would be appreciated. Thanks – 2 Flights

:bang head:

I previously did a search for these carbs on the internet and the info I found indicated that they are sold by Mikuni to MC manufacturers only. There is a book on maintenance of Mikuni Carbs, but these carbs aren't in there. I wrote Mikuni an email asking about that, and they replied that one has to refer to Yamaha service guides.

I'm not sure about why you would have a leak at road speed only. Maybe the vibration is enough to cause a problem.