IGNORED

Gunboat`s mini Maint Day

Kregerdoodle

Here are a few pics of the work that got done on Gunboats ride this last Sat. Ponch installed a great set of gages and Don and myself ( Ponch helped also ) mounted up his new Kumho rear tire...balancing these will make you pull your hair out...

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kbay116/Gunboat%20gages/

Edited by Kregerdoodle

By the looks of things Ponch is doing all the work. While Kbay Manning the camera and Gunboat hands the tools:whistling::stickpoke:

You said Balancing the tire makes you want to pull your hair out. Well That leaves out Gunboat:rasberry::crackup:

As for tire balance I use Dyna Beads. :happy34: I still have my hair.

Look like you guys had a lot of Fun wish I could have been there. Maybe next time you guys have a Meet & Eat I might be able to come pester everyone.

By the looks of things Ponch is doing all the work. While Kbay Manning the camera and Gunboat hands the tools:whistling::stickpoke:

You said Balancing the tire makes you want to pull your hair out. Well That leaves out Gunboat:rasberry::crackup:

As for tire balance I use Dyna Beads. :happy34: I still have my hair.

Look like you guys had a lot of Fun wish I could have been there. Maybe next time you guys have a Meet & Eat I might be able to come pester everyone.

Kbay Manning the camera and Gunboat hands the tools:whistling::stickpoke:

LOL And that worked out real well!!! :smile5:

hi all

buddy you are so funny, you are always welcome to stay at the house. bigboy we tryed to seat the beads but was having a lot of heck. ended up going down to a local tire store. cryed on the store mangers shoulder about all the problems that us'es was having. he took the tire into the service bay his self and just started to seat the beads. ( one of the tire tech's asked him what kind of car did that rim come off of? ) i could not hear what he told him. but a few minutes later he rolled the wheel out to me. saying to set the air pressure at what i wanted. nice guy would not take a dime. go back to the house to finish the job, beads were not fully set yet. my air compressor only goes up to 125psi. my higest tire gauge only goes to 70 psi and it was way passed that point. so it finaley seated one side then the other, so it could not have been over 120 psi. don't know for sure how high kabay :confused07: jumped when it did POP to seat. i used a silcone based lube called dow-corning -33. i wish to say again very special thanks to Ponch & Kabay :clap2: :cool10::cool10::cool10: for i would still be working on the bike. they were like mad men possesed to install the gauge set &

kumho c/t. best reguards

don c.

Edited by gunboat

hi dick

i started striping the bike on friday afternoon. i belive the only things that need to be removed on saturday morming. was the radio control box under the faring and my universal led battery gauge #4219 from kuryakyn. took me about 4 hrs on friday ( dang it had to go to work that night ). got home about 7:45 saturday morning just got coffee going and ponch arrives. just a few minutes later kabay pulls in. they had never been to my house before, so we did the 2 bit tour. so we or i should say THEY were thru around noon. as i have said i would still be working on the bike if it was just me. they are great friends and we work well together and enjoy each other's company. i can't say about a road trip but you never know were the texas bunch will show up.

best reguards

don c. :sun1: