IGNORED

Need Chevy Info

FROG MAN

I picked up this old custom built truck to haul firewood for the camp,haul weed eaters,chainsaws, and make diesel fuel runs for the tractor. Actually I drive it most of the time making the 1 mile trip down to the camp for the weekend. It has a 3/4 ton frame with an added dually kit. A steel flat bed with an 87 1/2 ton cab. 350 V8 with a 4 speed manual transmission and I love that granny gear for working. My question is on the 87 cab what is the color code on the temp gage wire coming through the firewall harness. I need to hook it up to the block sending unit.

Good ??

Most I have seen have been blk, you may just have to trace it out, but may be easier to just pick up a temp gage from auto parts and do it that way...

I am sure others will chime in....

Looks like a good work horse..

Good luck, sorry I`m not more help.

Kreg

I picked up this old custom built truck to haul firewood for the camp,haul weed eaters,chainsaws, and make diesel fuel runs for the tractor. Actually I drive it most of the time making the 1 mile trip down to the camp for the weekend. It has a 3/4 ton frame with an added dually kit. A steel flat bed with an 87 1/2 ton cab. 350 V8 with a 4 speed manual transmission and I love that granny gear for working. My question is on the 87 cab what is the color code on the temp gage wire coming through the firewall harness. I need to hook it up to the block sending unit.

I got the new sending unit put in and the temp gage works fine. Now for my next problem. The speedometer cable was melted and froze up about 10 inches from the transfer case hookup point. The previous owner installed a dual exhaust and got it to close to the cable. I replaced the cable but it still don't work. I'm thinking maybe there is a nylon gear stripped or something in the transfer but not sure how it works. I'm going to unscrew it from the transfer case and spin it with my cordless drill to make sure the speedometer works. Anybody experienced with the inter speedometer workings of the transfer case? It's probably a new process model.

There should be one retaining screw and a clip that holds the housing into the tail housing. Remove the screw and clip and pull out the housing. The driven gear is in the housing. The housing is escentric. When you install a new gear you will have to rotate the housing to make contact with the drive gear. Move just enough to make contact don't tighten and then reinstall the clip in the notches and tighten the retaining screw. Make sure the gear you buy has the same number of teeth or your speedo will be off.