I need to pick the brains of the membership here. I am in the process of installing an LED brake/running light on my 84. I have removed the trunck, trunk mounting bracket, and the plastic cover under that. I discovered that some time in the past, someone wired in a trailer conector. The trouble I have is that they used the Scotch lock connectors. What would be a good way to remove these? When I get them removed, would a good spray of contact cleaner and then a covering of liquid tape be appropriate? I have used these connectors in the past, always with less that good results.

Thanks to all,

Dave

To remove just pry open the plastic clip that holds the metal "splicer" in place. Then use a pick to pry up the "splicer" and pull it out and slide the lock off the wires. A good look at the wires should tell you if the core wires were broken or starting to corrode. You can get by with the cleaning and a little liquid tape if needed but if you see any sign of damage or corrosion then you need to look at splicing in a new section.