IGNORED

Another Horn Install

Got my cheapo air horn from Ebay and because red was cheaper than chrome, and I am cheap, I had no choice but to mount it in the fairing. I was worried about it being muffled, but after I installed it I tried it before and after I put the shell back on and saw no difference. I may be crazy but the shell seems to act like a soundboard and actually enhance the sound. BTW a special thanks to Freebird for the heads up on the color of the horn switchwire (pink). This particular horn pulls alot of amps so I went ahead and ran the power wire straight from the battery with a 30 amp fuse in line.

Got my cheapo air horn from Ebay and because red was cheaper than chrome, and I am cheap, I had no choice but to mount it in the fairing. I was worried about it being muffled, but after I installed it I tried it before and after I put the shell back on and saw no difference. I may be crazy but the shell seems to act like a soundboard and actually enhance the sound. BTW a special thanks to Freebird for the heads up on the color of the horn switchwire (pink). This particular horn pulls alot of amps so I went ahead and ran the power wire straight from the battery with a 30 amp fuse in line.

And that's basically where I have mine installed, edge wrapped in foam to avoid vibes and knocks..

Ok... What kind is it and what should a man(or woman) pay for it???? :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

Steve It's an off brand copy of a Stebel I think. I never actually saw a brand name on it. It came in a generic box. The Ebay seller was Tiernee's Treasures. Just type "motorcycle air horns" into the Ebay search window. Price was 38.38 w/free shipping. It is LOUD.

• 3 years later...

Ah YES! The info I was looking for! Dig up old info, Hummmm I saw freebird and he didnt even mention the color of the horn wire. Same on 2nd Gen? Pink? And did you have to bring it up into the fairing or did you hit it in there.

Im about to do this, I didnt want the horn seen chrome or not. And was wondering about the sound. I want to do this one, I have the horn! Whooohoooo! or looooo

EDIT: Here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=500 you idiot and quit digging up old threads and replaying to them and answering your own questions. Do a SEARCH FIRST! LOL

Edited by IronMike

Here ya go $20 shipped. It is red but a can of spray paint works wonders. I have one mounted by my left foot up in the crash bars (cant even see it) and one I painted silver?chrome and is mounted in OEM spot on right passenger foot area.