I'm looking for a new or used left or set of Mirrors for my 85 VR. I also will need more stuff as I just recently aquired this old, but extremely well cared for beauty.

Thanks for any and all help!

Billy

Best price I have found for new mirrors, is at this site.... http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xvz12dn-1985_model9113/partslist/H-05.html

But they are compairable with Flatout, on the other parts that I have looked up.

http://flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=1985&fveh=127

I'm looking for a new or used left or set of Mirrors for my 85 VR. I also will need more stuff as I just recently aquired this old, but extremely well cared for beauty.

Thanks for any and all help!

Billy

Mirrors are available on ebay all the time. Just make sure you scan the pics very well and ask questions. Clean mirrors can be had fairly reasonable if you're willing to wait for the right price...

When a CB receives it overrides the radio and will broadcast thru the speakers. Set the squelch high so that sperious RX won't break thru while riding. If the squelch is set low where the cb is on constantly the radio won't put out to the speakers.

I reinstalled the amp & parts today. Whoever removed it cut wires instead of unpluging them, so I'm playing a guessing game as to what hooks to what & where. Is there a diagram of the audio system, including the CB? The CB does not come on. The radio & tape deck come on and function normally ie, one goes off when the other comes on. However the radio doesn't tune to a specific station, & the tape deck only spins, reverses, auto reverses, fast forwards, but no sound other than static through the speakers. Are there supposed to be 2 antena's one for CB, & one for radio? what is a REMOTE PAGER & where & how does it hook up. I think mine is bunred up, can you get one?

Thanks again

Billy

OK tape deck sounds like a broken drive belt. Radio tuner problem is most likely a bad switch or two on the tuner controller unit, the one with the buttons. You can do either dual antennas, or use the CB with a splitter for radsio/cb which was the normal hook up back then. may still have a copy somewhere. What are you confused on? The CB needs a unswitched 12 volts for memory, and a switched 12 volts for operation. The yellow wire is for PTT and it supplies a ground. Can't remember what the rest of the wires do...

DIN cable supplies the audio to the amplifier section of the radio system.