IGNORED

Rotella T Oil Energy Conserving?

rangerider

I see many from this site use the Rotella T oil, which by the way is a very good oil for the diesel engines.

But I also saw where someone said don't use the energy conserving oils.

The new jug of Rotella I bought from WalMart shows triple protection. It meets the requirement of SM, SL, and SJ. All of these requirements where mentioned not to use because they are the new energy conserving oils.

Before I change oil in my NEW VRS (08) to replace the (04) VRS Midnight I high sided last fall, I wanted to check. It seems that this oil also will go by the wayside for us.

Or can someone help, and tell us different??? I hope so, was going to start running the Rotella from now on but!!!

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Many thanks

rangerider

Drive fast, but I quit taking chances!!!

I see many from this site use the Rotella T oil, which by the way is a very good oil for the diesel engines.

But I also saw where someone said don't use the energy conserving oils.

The new jug of Rotella I bought from WalMart shows triple protection. It meets the requirement of SM, SL, and SJ. All of these requirements where mentioned not to use because they are the new energy conserving oils.

Before I change oil in my NEW VRS (08) to replace the (04) VRS Midnight I high sided last fall, I wanted to check. It seems that this oil also will go by the wayside for us.

Or can someone help, and tell us different??? I hope so, was going to start running the Rotella from now on but!!!

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Many thanks

rangerider

Drive fast, but I quit taking chances!!!

You got the White Bottle = DINO ya want the BLUE Bottle = SYN See this link for pictures: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34643

if you go to the rotella.com web page you find 2 kinds of synthetic Rotella-T. both in blue jugs. One of them is touted as NEW Shell Rotella® T Synthetic with API CJ -4 Technology. So I would be wary of this oil on the clutch plates.

The different Rotella grades of oil listed are:

Multigrade 10W-30 and 15W-40 »

Synthetic 5W-40 API CJ -4 Technology »

Synthetic 5W-40 »

Synthetic-Blend »

Single Grade Oils

Walmart accepts unconditional returns or trades....