IGNORED

Saddlebag Guards and Tail Lights on RSTD

I have an '06 RSTD, midnight version. I've been trying to honor the darkly menacing intent of the midnight scheme, and so have been limiting the chrome I add. At the same time, the single tail light seems insufficient, and I am considering adding more tail lights.

I am considering adding the saddlebag guards I have seen in photos. The guards that protect the lower sides and back, attached to the stock front guard. I think I am not calling them the right thing, because I can't seem to find them, or if I have found them I don't recognize what they are called.

My thought is that I would attach lights to the guards. I've seen LED bullet lights used, which would be fine for the purpose. I wonder if I can use the guards as cable chases? Could I replace the side reflectors with marker lights?

What other additional tail light options are there?

I'd appreciate your knowledge and ideas.

Dave

I added xtra light in my blinkers. check this post.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18431

Those look excellent, and would let me maintain the general look of my midnight. I note the comment regarding the spinner bulb. I would imagine that the flashing break light would make it hard to be confused whether you have your breaks on, but have you received comments from followers?

Those look excellent, and would let me maintain the general look of my midnight. I note the comment regarding the spinner bulb. I would imagine that the flashing break light would make it hard to be confused whether you have your breaks on, but have you received comments from followers?

The spinner got negative comments until I added the blinkers kit. The blinkers get peoples attention better than the brake light ever did.

The spinner got negative comments until I added the blinkers kit. The blinkers get peoples attention better than the brake light ever did.

Is it your opinion that I should not get the spinner, or only after the blinkers kit? Is the spinner only fluff compared to the usefulness of the blinker kit?

I am getting the blinker kit--it will be nice to have a nifty function to my stock-ish bike. Thanks for alerting me.

Is it your opinion that I should not get the spinner, or only after the blinkers kit? Is the spinner only fluff compared to the usefulness of the blinker kit?

I am getting the blinker kit--it will be nice to have a nifty function to my stock-ish bike. Thanks for alerting me.

I like the spinner but it's not enough light alone. It's hard to see in the daytime compaired to stock bulb.:2cents:

• 4 weeks later...