IGNORED

Shortened Wisconsin / Minnesota trip

bryan52577

I had no clue we had that photo feature here.

Looks like you had a nice trip. You've seen a few things we haven't seen. When we were in that part of Iowa (two years ago) we skipped the car ferry and crossed into Wisconsin further north at Prairie Du Chien.

Also which ski jumps were those? I've been on many ski jumps. I jumped the small jumps when I was a teen, but the ski coach wouldn't train me because I was too old when I started. However, my sister started training at 7 and was rated 3rd best female ski jumper in the world back in the early 90's. It's a darn good possibility she's skied those jumps. Also, since I was to old to be trained I worked many of the hills. This sport is pretty much volunteer supported only and it's the families of jumpers doing the volunteering.

Looks like you had a great trip. We love riding I that area also. I was hoping to get enough people together to plan the next Venture Rider International in this area. But someone got the planning rolling faster for the Hub. Maybe the next one. I think we could really have a good rally near the junctions of MN, IA and WI. As you saw there are lots of roads to ride, sights to see and things to do.

I had no clue we had that photo feature here.

Looks like you had a nice trip. You've seen a few things we haven't seen. When we were in that part of Iowa (two years ago) we skipped the car ferry and crossed into Wisconsin further north at Prairie Du Chien.

Also which ski jumps were those? I've been on many ski jumps. I jumped the small jumps when I was a teen, but the ski coach wouldn't train me because I was too old when I started. However, my sister started training at 7 and was rated 3rd best female ski jumper in the world back in the early 90's. It's a darn good possibility she's skied those jumps. Also, since I was to old to be trained I worked many of the hills. This sport is pretty much volunteer supported only and it's the families of jumpers doing the volunteering.

Looks like you had a great trip. We love riding I that area also. I was hoping to get enough people together to plan the next Venture Rider International in this area. But someone got the planning rolling faster for the Hub. Maybe the next one. I think we could really have a good rally near the junctions of MN, IA and WI. As you saw there are lots of roads to ride, sights to see and things to do.

Wil,

The "Ferry" was a good ride the ferry operator talked to us on the load speaker as we road asking about the trailer & where we were heading. About a mile + of gravel on the Iowa side but easy drive. I kept saying we got the wrong road, looked like someones corn field road. But the wife kept saying "no" just keep going it has got to be down here, happily she was right again. LOL

As for the ski jumps they were on WI "P" just north of Westby, WI at (Snowflake ski & gulf). Eagleeye told me about the road, (what a great road "P" is can't wait to go back and see more of it!

As for having the next " Venture Rider International in this area" I think everyone would love it! There is something for everyone here! Fishing, canoeing, "Wisconsin Dells" and the roads are awesome!

We stayed one night at "Chaparral Campground & Resort

S320 Hwy 33 Wonewoc, WI 53968" I reserved the cheapest cabin for the night a week ahead of time. Well due to my mothers surgery we had to ride pretty hard to get there or loose my money and when we got there they said it was late no one was going to rent the big cabin and we had been riding all day so take it at no extra charge! The next morning the owner came to the cabin as we were getting ready to leave, it was starting to rain and he told us we could stay all day if we wanted to cause it was raining. NICE BIKER FRIENDLY CAMP GROUND!

So if you want me to help in anyway to get the next rally or even a "Midwest rally" in this area, YOU GOT IT!

You can get hold of me anytime.

Thanks for your comments,

Bryan