IGNORED

H7616 Bulb for Passing Lamps?

Guest DREBBIN

Guest DREBBIN

As near as I can gather from threads here, I can use a H7616 bulb to replace the poor bulbs that came in my Yamaha passing lamps. Also if I understand correctly, I see some refere to this bulb as a H3 -- but it is not halogen, right?

Bottom line -- I can't find the H7616 at JP cycles. Anyone got another source suggestion? Many thnx, DREBBIN

According to a search on Google, those are a GE sealed beam lamp very similar to the stock bulbs. They are 37.5 watt, I think the stock passing lamps are 30 or 35 watt, so not much of a difference.

You might want to try some of these:

http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/nw012104/50PAR36.H.SP8.htm

I've been considering them. They are 50W each, and are halogens (sealed beam type). These are "narrow spot" type, they have an 8 degree beam spread. They also have a wide spot as well as some very narrow spot (5 degree) beams. If you do try them, let us know how they work out. They sure are priced reasonably.

Hey Drebbin,

If they are the sealed beam you can get 70w and 100w from JP Cycles. I just changed over to the adjure tribar lights and took a good set of 70w sealeds out. If you want them PM me an address. Just pay shipping. If they are the H3 type you can get them anywhere.

Guest DREBBIN

I thought it was EITHER....OR. Passing lamps were either HALOGEN or SEALED BEAM?? Your help appreciated, confused DREBBIN

According to a search on Google, those are a GE sealed beam lamp very similar to the stock bulbs. They are 37.5 watt, I think the stock passing lamps are 30 or 35 watt, so not much of a difference.

You might want to try some of these:

http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/nw012104/50PAR36.H.SP8.htm

I've been considering them. They are 50W each, and are halogens (sealed beam type). These are "narrow spot" type, they have an 8 degree beam spread. They also have a wide spot as well as some very narrow spot (5 degree) beams. If you do try them, let us know how they work out. They sure are priced reasonably.

• 5 months later...

Contact me if you still need a Ge H7616 at mrtadbo@msn.com Thank you

As near as I can gather from threads here, I can use a H7616 bulb to replace the poor bulbs that came in my Yamaha passing lamps. Also if I understand correctly, I see some refere to this bulb as a H3 -- but it is not halogen, right?

Bottom line -- I can't find the H7616 at JP cycles. Anyone got another source suggestion? Many thnx, DREBBIN