IGNORED

02 venture choke pull distance.

How much travel should the choke lever have. Mine seems to very short travel distance. It is enough to get it going whenbwarm outside but now that it is in the 40s outside I am having to hold a little throttle to keep idle up until the engine is a little warmed up.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

You may need to lube the slide points on the choke rods. Sounds like yours is sticking. If you remove your tank you can see them better but its not really necessary. They may be dirty as well. I have a can of slick 50 spray lube that I shoot on them occasionally.

Bob,

I just measrued my RSV & RSTD. Both travel very close to 1/2".

A few weeks back my RSV choke started pulling it's self back in after I started the bike. Almost felt like a spring was pulling it. I got some carb cleaner spray and sprayed down all pivot points, from both sides of the engine. Cleared it up right then.

Mike G in SC

I see this problem once in a while on older bikes - one or more of the choke plungers gets gummed up and stuck. Easy to fix - just get a spray can of Gumout brand carb cleaner, pull he choke knob out as far as it will go, then spray each of the brass plungers liberally. Now work the choke back and forth, then spray them again. Should clear it all up.

Goose