IGNORED

bazooka amp and speaker kit review

So you don't have to read all my problems my thoughts on the bazooka amp and speakers and the 6" amplified sub. The speakers by themselves don't sound good at all without the amp and with the amp they need the sub to have some bass. And the system will run down your battery ,need to put on trickle charge if you aren't going to ride except on the weekends, (How do I know? I was going to ride a few min ago and my 3 week old 130.00 gel battery wouldn't crank my bike. so here I am typing while it charges instead of riding)

It was fine the first 2 weeks since I rode the bike every few days but last week I didn't crank it

Let me first say bazooka's customer service is very good, that being said here is the problems I had , for starters I was going to knock this out in 1 or 2 days and ride that weekend but,got everything took apart run the wiring harness ( dind't get the fuse size called the tech. told me it was a 7.5 amp fuse) installed the amp,and speakers (one of which the surround was glued out of round) per instructions started to hook up the speakers and the terminals on the wiring harness were wrong (for a goldwing) so I changed them to the correct size blade to hook into the factory connectors then turned on the switch only to hear my new speakers sound like they were under water, and not loud as factory , anyway found out one speaker wasn't working traced down that where bazooka spliced the extension on one of the wires was not making a connection thought good now lets hear the music . Then come to find out my amp was bad blowed the 7.5 amp fuse each time I put the fuse in, called bazooka and told them my problems with the amp, speaker,and wiring tried the tech's fixes and they didn't work so emailed them they said the would fed ex'd me new ones. In the meantime I thought I would just hook up the bazooka speakers to the factory system , the factory speakers were louder and sounded better, so after a week of waiting redone everything (and this time got a 30 amp fuse) sounded ok but still a little distorted so I put the bass tube in the trunk and connected it to the amp and it had no bass so back to the email machine was told by the tech that had a reverse polarity on a speaker come to figure out they reversed a wire making the splices ,well fixed that, got bass, closed the trunk and couldn't hear it drilled a hole in the bottom above the cb to let air in and out made it a little better but still not good so butchered up the trunk somemore now it sounds ok setting still and is a little better riding and it still distorts @ full volume still tinkering with that

I think the problem is when you install the amp. and a tube in a bike, you have to look at it as though its going into a car,,7.5 amp fuse is a joke,,will blow every time,,you have to use 30 amp fuse or better,,8 gauge wire for the power and ground ,,1 high to low converter,,a 4 channel amp ,,2 channels powering the main speakers,,the other 2 channels will be bridged to run the sub,,or the bazooka,you can fit an 8'' back there,,i already have installed it on my bike and it sounds great,better than alot of car ,,i have also installed on a couple of goldwings,, one thing you will need also is a capacitors 1/2 farad to 1 farad will work,,the capacitor will help by acting as a second battery it gives the power that you amp needs,,so as not to drain you electrical system,,when you pump the sub,, it draws a whole lot of power from your system,,

you can also use a 4 channel amp and a powered bazooka,,meaning the bazooka has an amp built into it,,but you need an 4 channel amp the has preamp outputs to send a signal to the bazooka,,works and sounds even better.

I think the problem is when you install the amp. and a tube in a bike, you have to look at it as though its going into a car,,7.5 amp fuse is a joke,,will blow every time,,you have to use 30 amp fuse or better,,8 gauge wire for the power and ground ,,1 high to low converter,,a 4 channel amp ,,2 channels powering the main speakers,,the other 2 channels will be bridged to run the sub,,or the bazooka,you can fit an 8'' back there,,i already have installed it on my bike and it sounds great,better than alot of car ,,i have also installed on a couple of goldwings,, one thing you will need also is a capacitors 1/2 farad to 1 farad will work,,the capacitor will help by acting as a second battery it gives the power that you amp needs,,so as not to drain you electrical system,,when you pump the sub,, it draws a whole lot of power from your system,,

the 7.5 amp fuse was what bazooka tech said it was suppose to have (but it wasn't).This is the supposedly complete system from bazooka and according to their tech's and advertising is a plug and play kit which it's not, there is enough power to run the amp and amplified tube. It draws power when the bike is off and runs the battery down when it isn't started for a few days , to fix this I got a 30 amp toggle switch to put on this weekend to isolate the amp from my battery during storage. had the same problem with the remote receivers for my led lights .

It does sound ok but could be done cheaper and get the same sound

the 7.5 amp fuse was what bazooka tech said it was suppose to have (but it wasn't).This is the supposedly complete system from bazooka and according to their tech's and advertising is a plug and play kit which it's not, there is enough power to run the amp and amplified tube. It draws power when the bike is off and runs the battery down when it isn't started for a few days , to fix this I got a 30 amp toggle switch to put on this weekend to isolate the amp from my battery during storage. had the same problem with the remote receivers for my led lights .

It does sound ok but could be done cheaper and get the same sound

You can also run all of your accessories off of a 30 amp relay (which is what I do) and tie the turn on to something (like the headlights) that are only on when the key is in and turned on.

At one time i did the same thing,,install a toggle switch to turn off the system,,that was a bad idea,,if you don't rememeber to turn it off you will drain the battery,,,connect the remote wire to something that turns on with the bike,,i hooked mine to my break light,,the remote turn on lead is one of the wires on the amp,to turn the amp on or off,,a 30 amp relay,,,well thats different,,,i was talking about a 30 amp fuse between the bike battery and the amp,,,, just like in a car,,,also 8 ga wire, a car amp draws a whole lot of power,,so handle the install like installing a car stereo,,also you will need a capacitors not to imact on you electrical system,,I installed a system on my venture that includes an alpine amp 40x4, polk audio components 4'' seperate tweeter and mid range /crossover all the around,,and a bazooka 8'' tube,1 farad capacitor,,it sounds really great,,better than a lot of cars,,it gets a lot of attention because bikes don't sound like that,,i have done installs on bikes including goldwings,,but with you will lose your trunk space.:thumbsup: