IGNORED

IC/Half Headset Help...Newbie IC User

Long Tall

Hey Folks: Need some help:

I wear a half helmet and wife and I really do not need to have IC/CB for traveling…BUT I have a need this weekend (and past times) to have IC/CB for a group ride….I read posts and just got the IMC HS G45U for half helmets. I know Gary N. has them and gives them two thumbs up…Just using for occasional group riding. Anyway…I read everything in the owners manual and have one question….

When I hook them up…Radio_Aux-CB comes in OK...I can talk into the microphone without pushing the talk button and hear myself in the earphones….Is there something up or this normal.....I can not read anything about this anywhere….This happens when I have the radio on/off…CB on/off….both on/off…makes no difference…Could you experienced IC/CB folks help me out and let me know if this is normal…Again..just talk into the microphone and hear myself in the earphones...Thanks for any help provided....:doh::doh:

George In Virginia….

HI George,

Yes this is very normal. You need to adjust the IC volume on the control unit to a level that you like. I find at hwy. speeds I like to have the IC volume just high enough so that I can just hear what I am saying in the head set. If you have is too high you will start to pick up wind noise etc. I haven't had a passenger since I got this head set so I'm not sure what to advise you to set it at for talking to your passenger. You'll just have to experiment. I know with the 3/4 helmet and the J&M head sets I didn't like it more than about #12. The IMC has much better sound quality so I wouldn't think you would even need to have it that high. :080402gudl_prv:

Gary:

Thanks for the reply...So let me clarify....

1. I'm riding along by myself...with radio or aux(mp3) playing tunes....I hear the music OK and when I talk into the microphone I ALSO hear "ME" in the earphones....

2. I'm riding along by myself...with radio or aux(mp3) playing tunes...AND I have the CB on. I'm riding at the end of a group and the lead rider calls for me to come up front......The way I understand things...The incoming CB transmission "overrides" the music and I hear the other rider.....I hold the "talk" button down and tell the rider I am "on my way"...When the button is down, it "overrides the music again when I "talk"...Note...No rider communication...Just lean back and talk to wife...These are for communication to other bikers with CB.....

I hope I'm close...Again...Thanks for the help....The headset will take some getting use too when you are not use to wearing anything but sunglasses...

George In Virginia.... :cool10:

Note...No rider communication...Just lean back and talk to wife...These are for communication to other bikers with CB.....

If your passenger has a headset, you'll pick up anything she says in your ears (& she'll hear everything you say) -- the mics are always open. Now just like you hold the "talk" button to transmit over the CB, she can hold her "talk" button to transmit over CB. Otherwise, you can talk to each other over the headsets, no need to press/hold any button(s).

George

I personally don't like acronyms, in this case if you are not sure the IC talked about is Intercom. For my 07 it is talked about starting on page 4-6 of the owners manual. Everything is working normal you are just hearing the intercom when talking and not pressing the CB push to talk switch. This system also can help you hear extra noises if turned up enough.

Just push the SELECT button on the audio control head until you see IC. Use the up/down arrows to set it to the desired level. If my wife is not with me I always put it right down to 0. When she is along and we are using the intercom I set it to what works best for us at 15. Any more then that I can hear the damned chirp from the motor more.

Jerry

AZSpyder & SteveP::

Thanks for the input also...Of course NOW that I know...It makes sense that you and your passenger would not want to push a button to talk to each other...BUT...having not had a headset and setting on her in the garage with the new ones on...this talk into microphone and hear myself in headset...just did not equal 2+2....I asked myself...WHY DO I WANT TO HEAR MYSELF...

After reading the Gary N.s reply...I came home this evening walked out and got on the Red Cherry Beast...tuned the IC volume down to "zero" and "magic"...No George in earphones when I talked and I could still do the radio/aux-mp3....

Anyway....I knew that someone here could clear it up for me....Thanks for the input....

Looking forward to using them this weekend on a trip I am taking this weekend...

George in Virginia :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: