IGNORED

Anyone tried this adapter?

ediddy

I have a similar one that i bought on E Bay last year. I used it once and it worked fine with earbuds. I was wearing my half helmet and found there was just too much wind noise as well. It would be better with a 3/4 or full face helmet I would think.

Keith

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__GL1800-GL1500-GL1200-Headset-Adapter-Yamaha-Venture_W0QQitemZ140276841616QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQadiZ2863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140276841616&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Edited by KeithR
added E Bay Link

I am interested in trying out ear buds instead of the helmet speakers but want to be able to transmit as well as receive. I remember seeing an adapter at the Honda Hoot a couple of years ago that plugged into the 5-pin connector and also had a 3.5mm stereo plug in as well. I believe this would allow the use of ear buds and still permit transmitting.

I do not seem to be able to find any such gadget on the net. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

B:think:ugsplat

It may be an expensive solution to what you are trying to achieve but my Edset headsets can be used that way. The module has a 1/8" stereo jack that you can plug earbuds into. Then you can even unplug and remove the regular speakers if you want to. You can even order the Edsets without the speakers and use your earbuds. I have not yet tried them with earbuds but do plan to.

Had a old J&M headsets laying around. I cut the wires going to the helmet speakers and installed a female stereo audio jack, which hangs outside the helmet. I plug in my earbuds and jam them into my ears. Hook up my MP3 player into my audio system on the bike. Turn the audio system to headsets (HS) and hear nothing but classic rock and the rumbling of my V4 coming out of my baffleless HD Road King pipes. Man the sound is great and it makes you wonder how great this bike would be without the CHIRP. The sound quality of the CB is a lot better too.

Thanks for the help guy's. Freebird was correct. 'Edset Headsets' makes the adapters for the Venture 5-pin to 5-pin with a built in 3.5mm jack for ear buds. with our club discount it is $51 and change. Have one on the way! Maybe I will be able to hear the cb better with the ear buds because I certainly can't hear them plainly through the helmet speakers. Thanks again! This is the greatest web-site for any and all Venture information.

Bugsplat:happy34: